1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIMI General Discussion

Discussion in 'AIMI Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. J-Becker

J-Becker Stereopony Fan

I personally think even though that demo songs a lot of potential AIMI should join a J-Rock band immediatly . Cuz i dont think that she become that much Professional to start a solo career yet.

2. guitar_otaku

guitar_otaku Stereopony Fan

I agree with you!

I know Shiho and Nohana will not join with her, however she needs a real band.

For example STEPO's biggest problem was lead guitar. If Mao was in the band from the beginning they'd be better than SCANDAL. Because SCANDAL has a good lead guitarist.

3. nijibashi

nijibashi Global Moderator Translator

AIMI has written almost all Stepo songs, I'm sure she can do completely well alone
    Also, she can have the help of some musicians in live performances or even for recording if she wants to (a good example is how YUI did), there's no need to form a band :/

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  4. guitar_otaku

You're right. However she still needs a band for back-up.

5. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

I agree with Kyu, the only difference between a band and a solo artist is the amount of performers. I mean solo artists have back-up bands as well right? And AIMI was guitars, vocals, and the main songwriter. basically the heart of Stepo

nijibashi likes this.
  6. J-Becker

J-Becker Stereopony Fan

Yeah but i think with band she can get more attention. You are right about back-up bands but IMO if she wants to get bigger audience she needs a more stable career.

7. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Looks like some of you are forgetting about ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND already. AIMI already DID join a band after Stereopony disbanded. She teamed up with ARAI, the former guitarist for serial TV drama, which was also a popular band. Sure, she got a lot of attention from that, but it didn't turn out the way she was hoping, clearly.

Having been burned by two bands, you can't blame her for wanting to try jumpstarting her solo career again.

It doesn't matter whether AIMI joins a band or goes solo. The only thing that matters is if people like her music. That's how she'll get attention.

nijibashi likes this.
  8. J-Becker

J-Becker Stereopony Fan

I already know about AIU. i was talking about now when i said "she should join a band immediatly". I think AIU was very experimental band thats why they didnt last that long and i said that because she needs help to produce high quality music. Even though she is very good composer/singer we all know for producing nice music and getting bigger audience thats not enough. we can even see she did her bootleg video all by herself as she said at her blog. But these are mostly my personal opinions.

9. rsniteblaze

What's everyone's thoughts on AIMI's new logo?

AIMI + Piano Keys + Triangle

[​IMG]

For anyone who forgot, this was her previous one:

[​IMG]

10. guitar_otaku

Reminded me this:

[​IMG]

Interesting coincidence ^_^"""

However it's cool logo. I wish I could've got that demo. Even tough i didn't like songs much... It'd be good memory...

11. Ray

Ray Stereopony Fan

Any act is greater than the sum of its parts. That's why "solo" acts fail so often. Aimi might have written most of the songs and been the "face" of Stereopony , but Nohana and Shiho were the driver and balance. "Solo's" fail because somebody forgot that no one person brings everything or has every talent. Harmony is a collective working for the same goal.

crimsonknight4 and guitar_otaku like this.
  12. Ray

Ray Stereopony Fan

Please don't take this as a disapproval of Aimi. I love her voice and think her talent is AMAZING. But having grown up in and around a family of super talented actors, artist's and musical acts I've seen a lot of bands break up, and MANY solo acts fall flat

13. guitar_otaku

I think same as you Ray.

14. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

I think the new logo is awesome, honestly it reminds me of your work rs lol
    Hopefully that piano is some foreshadowing for some piano-use. But I think everyone is waiting for that electric guitar to come in.
    The thing about AIMI being solo, is that now it's all her own creative process. Nohana and Shiho no longer contribute their style. So its easy to see how DK + AIMI's new solo sound = Stepo lol
    At least you should be able to see how they influenced each other's music.

And of course, you can love an artist and still criticize. Just as long as its done in a constructive manner.

(btw Ray next time edit your original post instead of making a double post, thanks bud lol)

15. Ray

Ray Stereopony Fan

Ok. But bear in mind that I'm not computer literate. I never turned one on until I was in my mid 40's, so I tend to make mistakes with what people your age see as fundementals. Keep up the constructive correction and I'll try to get better at ,what for me, is a "new" form of communication.

16. guitar_otaku

I believe STEPO dream is no longer exist. There'll be no band like STEREOPONY.

So I believe it's no use to expect something like STEREOPONY from both Aimi and Shiho+Nohana+Mao front.

I think Aimi wants to get free of old days, so logo is really different than STEPO and Aimi style.

That's what I think.

17. J-Becker

J-Becker Stereopony Fan

I loved new logo but personally i am kinda sad about that she really is going to pursue solo career but still as a fan im gonna keep listening her music. I hope she doesnt gives up playing her guitar and one day forms a band like Stereopony.

18. guitar_otaku

I think if she form a band it'll be different than STEREOPONY. I think the world has already forgotten Avril Lavigne Styled Punk-Pop- Rock.

19. rsniteblaze

Source: https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000146406

Original:
    元ステレオポニーのAIMI、ソロAL制作のクラウドファンディング開始
    2017-09-04 06:00:00

[​IMG]

AIMIが、クラウドファンディング「CAMPFIRE」にて支援募集をスタートした。

◆AIMI 関連画像&映像

AIMIは、元ステレオポニーのボーカリストで、2016年9月にソロ活動をスタート、おなじみの赤いテレキャスターをトレードマークにシンガーソングライターとして活躍中だ。2006年にあじさい村・あじさいミュージックの代表、仲宗根陽にスカウトされ、高校1年のときにステレオポニーの前進にあたるMXBOXを結成。その後、高校生バンドとして沖縄で活躍し評判に。2014年からは新井弘毅と共にバンド、ALiCE IN UNDERGROUNDで活動、そして2016年からソロ活動と、着々とファンを増やしている。

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0kDanFIgIE

ソロ活動開始後、9月にはライブ会場限定でCDも制作、そして2017年4月にはワンマンライブを行えるほどこれまでの活動が実った形でソロアーティストとして、まさに羽ばたきつつある。そんなAIMIが、ソロ初となるアルバム制作を企画、当初5〜6曲収録のミニアルバムとして予算立てが開始したものの、「今のAIMIのすべてを注ぎ込んだ12〜13曲のフルアルバムにしたい!」との意欲のもと今回のクラウドファンディングに至ったという。

なお、今回の支援金は「フルアルバム制作のレコーディング、およびエンジニアリング費」、「フルアルバムのジャケット制作費、並びに宣伝広告費」、「各リターンアイテムの製造費」などに当てられる。気になるリターンは、フルアルバムCDやお礼メールがパッケージされたベーシックコースから、AIMI私物アコギを含んだスペシャルなコース、また手作り陶芸品コースなどファンならニヤリとしてしまうコースを用意、さらには300万円までのストレッチゴールまで用意されているというから、支援到達時期と到達資金はファンならずとも気になるところだ。

詳しくは下記サイトを確認していただきつつ、今回のクラウドファンディングの行く末や、AIMIのアルバム制作情報などBARKSでは随時レポートしていく予定だ。

◆AIMI クラウドファンディングサイト(CAMPFIRE)
    ◆AIMI オフィシャルブログ

20. Ray

Ray Stereopony Fan

You see @ Arcluna ; AIMI-san is driven by a MUSE. She is compulsively creative. She can't help it, and she can not stop. If she isn't singing ,she will draw, or wright, or paint, or sculpt, or throw pots. She Will do this for the rest of her life, however long that lasts. Nothing else will ever be as important to her as that MUSE. In a very real way it is the truest manifestation of her. She does this all day. Every day. She can no more stop than she can stop breathing. She will be "out there" in public running the AIMI show for the rest of MY life, and I suspect the rest of hers. -- Nohana-san on the other hand, is not driven. At least not like AIMI-san is. She has much about her that I admire. Her style. Her looks. Her ability with people. Her passion . Her grace . Her determination and drive. Her spirit. But one day she will move on from the stage. When the day comes that she retires I will truly miss her. I have never been able to say that about many people that I have watched perform. So I have decided to enjoy the Show while I can. Because one day she will bring down the curtain and go home.