1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English 2012-09-06 - JpopAsia

Discussion in 'Stereopony Interviews' started by rsniteblaze, Aug 18, 2014.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Source: http://www.jpopasia.com/news/press-...nds-qanda-session-with-stereopony::12139.html

[Press Conference] JpopAsia Attends Q&A Session With Stereopony
    interviews
    posted by Aysohmay on 6 September, 2012 at 04:20 pm

[​IMG]

Stereopony is an all-female rock band that debuted in 2008. The band has seen much success due to the inclusion of many of their singles as theme songs for various animes. Their work in the anime industry made them the perfect choice to be guests at the 2012 Anime Festival Asia in Indonesia. Check out the Q&A session the band held at the event:
    -
    Q: As a band who sing anime OSTs, is there any anime that you like?

Aimi: I really like “The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsuu), and also “Ranma ½”, I watched it many times.
    -
    Q: Are most of Stereopony’s songs made first and then chosen for soundtrack, or chosen for soundtrack first and then you make the song?

Stereopony: Mostly, we were chosen first and then we make the song, so usually the song is special and fits to the anime. We usually talk to the producer of the anime first and discuss about the plot, atmosphere that want to be shown and built in the anime. The process is difficult but it is also interesting for us. We have to be creative and ‘translate’ the content of the anime into a song that suits to our imagination too. There are some of our songs that coincidentally suits to an anime so the process was much easier.
    -
    Q: If you have a chance to have collaboration with other artist, who will you choose?

Aimi: Avril Lavigne. I think she is so cool.

Nohana: YUI.

Shiho: Anyone as long as they are cool.
    -
    Q: If you had a chance to play another musical instrument, which music instrument would you choose?

Nohana: I always want to try to be a DJ.

Shiho: I don’t like to be at the front line and dominant, maybe I will stay playing drum.
    -
    Q: Is there any other anime singer you want to collaborate with?

Stereopony: Shoko Nakagawa!
    -
    Q: Besides “More! More!! More!!!”, are there any other albums that you will release in Indonesia?

Stereopony: Besides “More! More!! More!!!”, “Over The Border” may be released in Indonesia too. (Their Liaison Officer added that 3 bonus track from Japanese version will be added to Stereopony's album that is planned to be released in Indonesia).
    -
    Q: If you can be a Pokemon, which would you choose?

Aimi: Zuruggu (Scraggy).

Nohana: Mijumaru (Oshawott), but I also can do Pikachu’s voice!

Shiho: Pikachu.
    -
    Q: What are your expectations for you concert on AFA ID day 2?

Stereopony: We often sing anime songs, so we will sing it at the concert, and we hope audience will rock and sing with us.
    -
    Q: Which bands have influenced you?

Aimi: Judy & Mary.

Nohana: Green Day.

Shiho: Deep Purple.
    -
    Q: Which Indonesian food do you like the most while you are in here?

Stereopony: Because we want to see life in Jakarta, on the night of August 31st, we went to ‘Mangga Besar’ and ate street food there. We also tried durian. Even though we don’t really like the smell, it was an interesting experience. We also tried snake satay.

Aimi: I tried Nasi Padang, I love the taste because I love spicy food.
    -
    Q: What motivated you to be a musician?

Aimi: I went sightseeing in the south area of Japan. I saw street band and I was so interested I finally decided to be a musician too.

Nohana: I love seeing the spot light on the stage.
    -
    Q: What is your expectation for performance in here?

Stereopony: As we can stand in front of Indonesian audience already makes us happy, we’d like to send out our feelings through our songs. Our experiences in here will inspire us to develop ourselves more.

Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]