1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIMI General Discussion

Discussion in 'AIMI Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

They probably realized we caught on to it right away when we weren't supposed to haha.

2. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

or more likely they needed more time cuz it all seems pretty rushed like I said

3. crimsonknight4

So ultimately the album was taken down and remains that way...
    The AIMI (solo) site is still down but expect to see SOMETHING when that comes back up.
    I was recently thinking, AIMI seemed to me the most distraught over the disbandment of Stereopony and while thinking about her "solo activities" a certain thought rose in my head.
    Why all the lack of activity post Stepo? Might she have been stalling for time hoping Stereopony would re-form? Of course that is out of the window now but do you guys think that thought crossed her mind???

4. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

I don't think she would be stalling waiting for them to reform because there seems to be a gap between Aimi and the other two.

But I think maybe she didn't enjoy going solo maybe she compared it to the time she had with Stereopony and she just had a lot more fun playing on stage with her friends? So that could explain why she put a hold on that to do AiU. I really hope she does something soon though!!!

5. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique Dedicated Stereopony Fan

Yeah, she is the type that takes her job to a personal level
    I mean, I remember that she said that one of the reasons of the disband was that they didn't have that to dedicate in the music as before...
    that all the schedule was compromising the quality that they wanted to have or something like that...

So, for me, the hiatus of AiU or solo is because she didn't achiev what she wanted
    or, she is busy trying to make the things the way she will like the final result...

and I don't know to proper express myself in english...

6. crimsonknight4

Here is a summary/translation of all AIMI tweets since October. Since they've been unusually high in number (for AIMI) I figured why not get 'em all in here. Maybe its time for another AIMI News Report...

10/16
    From a 340 meter high window

11/2
    Messing around

11/8

11/8
    I started an Instagram as my friend has been recommending (^_^)

11/8

11/12
    fun memory at osaka with my friend https://instagram.com/p/986Lo4veEc/

11/15
    Gamjatang

11/17
    Autumn leaves that look like they’re burning I want to go see them And become the autumn’s ally

11/21
    The fragrance of the autumn in Tokyo. A heart seems to purify. https://instagram.com/p/-WEwgpPeE5/

12/7
    Occasionally when I turn on the TV I see Sakura on “Singing King” Fight, Fight!

12/9

12/11
    Today was a really good day in a way. Something clicked in me, mellowed out, and shined brightly. It’s something I can’t explain but I just wanted to say it so I whispered it here. A good day, (a) good person/people, a good smile

7. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique Dedicated Stereopony Fan

so,
    AIMI has posting in Instagram with a nice frequency
    one of the most recent image she appears to be working on something (maybe writing new songs?)
    hopefully she will show us more than just hints...
    she also posted some stuff on twitter, maybe CK or another member can translate or tell if she has any other hints about her future

Attached Files:

8. guitar_otaku

guitar_otaku Stereopony Fan

I heard she had a twitcast recently and played new songs.

9. crimsonknight4

So new artist picture, new blog. The blog is great, if she plans on using it often (which I think she will considering she wrote most during the Stepo age). As otaku mentioned, a lot of us saw the twitcast in which AIMI was working on the harmony for a single song.

Considering AIMI will be a singer rather than in a band, I think her activities will look markedly different than Draft King. She has some star power so I think she'll hit the ground running with a single (or maybe mini album release). A PV would be great for AIMI deprived fans and overseas fans. So obviously she has songs recorded, I'm sure she has a lot of songs written. Do you guys think she'll hit the ground running? or take her time?

Not that 4 years post Stepo can be called "hitting the ground running" but this is a new artist picture, the old website was sold off, and she got a blog, so I think this attempt is different than the activities she took part in post break up. She also seems a lot livelier (though that's not something I can be entirely sure of for obvious reasons)

To keep some momentum, I expect a blog tomorrow, if not today.

nijibashi likes this.
  10. guitar_otaku

Any news from the frontier?

11. crimsonknight4

None, yet and I don't suspect there will be any until the 9/4 live. But we're free to speculate. And I speculate a single announcement!

12. guitar_otaku

What is it?

13. crimsonknight4

She'll announce a single lol

14. guitar_otaku

Seriously if her new songs will always be like this i'm not going to listen to her anymore.

15. dso

dso Stereopony Fan

What do you mean? It's obviously different, more "electronic", but there's just so much you can do by yourself, really. Unless you know how to play multiple instruments...
    But then what do you do when you play live?

Her singing is great eitherway, and the songs are catchy.

16. guitar_otaku

I have nothing to say for her singing and songs. But I don't like electronic stuff....

17. crimsonknight4

Hey if its not your cup of tea, no one's forcing you to listen lol
    Considering this is far from an official release, it is satisfactory to me. Still got her singing skillz and it does seem these songs lean towards more of the pop sound. That being said none of the songs we have heard so far utilize a guitar, but the guitar imagery is strong with AIMI's musical activities. So judging her as-of-yet-not-started musical activities based on these pre-release demos is unfair.
    That said I'm interested in this slightly different style because it shows her possible range, although the fans might want something exactly like Stereopony, releasing such a demo would be pointless. We all know how Stereopony sounds.

nijibashi likes this.
  18. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

While I'm not a fan of the electronic stuff either, you need to remember that it has been almost four years since Stereopony disbanded. Near the end of the band's career, they were using more of it. Look at the covers for "Oshare Banchou" and "again" — they were clearly experimenting with the style. My feeling is that they were naturally going to head in that direction anyways.

"Cotton" was the only demo that was electronic. She needs a catchy pop song like that to make a big break again, if she seriously wants to pursue her career as a solo artist. Today's kids like pop and electronic songs, so she needs to think about that.

"We-know" was hardly electronic, more of an acoustic pop song. The sound was very much a similar style to Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" which I think is a good fit for AIMI. They're both similar artists in that they play guitar and write their own songs.

Unfortunately, it may be a while until we hear another rock song, just because the song-writing process is probably a lot different without a drummer and bassist on board. For AIMI, it would make sense to focus solely on the vocals and guitar and just build a beat around that, hence the "electronic stuff." She could always get a back-up band to help write rock songs, but that kind of defeats the purpose of her leaving a band and going solo.

There's a guitar in "We-know" — is there not? Or did you mean electric guitar?

I'm just glad her voice is still as good as ever.

19. guitar_otaku

however they were arrenged very well, so you wouldn't even notice it was electronic. these songs carried stereopony's sound very well... however aimi doesn't even have sound yet. i can't trust her for now.

20. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

It's shaping up pretty good imho. They're far from finished, as she said herself, and that's noticeable but it's looking good so far, judging from these demos. I can totally dig this new sound, if this is the road she wants to head down.

There's a lot you can do as a single person in a studio, in all honesty. MIDI is a beautiful little thing if you know how to use and mix it correctly.