1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview 2014-07-28 - ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND - TBS Radio Kakiin

Discussion in 'ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND' started by crimsonknight4, Aug 1, 2014.

1. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Summary of AiU’s radio appearance of Kakiin’s show on TBS radio. It is pretty abridged but all the important stuff is there:
    Start off with introductions

How did AIMI and Arai meet? They met when Arai was producing for Stereopony and he helped her with her live (probably the one post breakup)

He began wanting to form AiU last year around fall when AIMI was still in Okinawa. He had some provisional songs and thought about who should sing them, so he thought “Shouldn’t it be AIMI?” AIMI and Arai have gotten along for a long time, and AIMI wanted to open herself up.

AIMI wanted to try opera-like singing and after she started her solo activities she had her normal, old style but she liked opera singing so she thought she would try and sing those provisional songs.
    Interviewer asks if they’re a band. Arai says “That’s what they would like to say, but they’re a unit.”
    Address how AiU has a zombie theme and their HP has a dark feeling to it. Arai responds that AIMI likes the horror genre and that he’s like zombies for a long time. Specifically asking about what Arai likes about zombies, Arai says he thinks they’re cute and that he prefers slow to fast zombies. He is also asked about what his favorite zombie movie, to which he answers “Shaun of the Dead”

Arai is asked about his former bandmates and he reveals that he keeps in touch with them and that they will help with lives.

Regarding that AiU has not released a single or album, he asks how you can listen to AiU’s songs besides listening to them online. AIMI answers you’d have to listen to the radio but you can look on the homepage and youtube to listen to some songs.

The interviewer points out that six songs are sampled in the homepage and that they can’t do a one man with six songs so he asks if they have other songs. Arai responds that they have furiously been making songs and that it’s difficult. The interviewer confirms “So you have more than an albums worth of songs?” Arai responds “Yes”

The interviewer also asks if they have any plans to release any material. Arai responds “No. But I have thought of it” he says that for now they just want to do a live but they “intend to release material”

Finally AIMI talks about how she is new to this genre so it’s a new experience.

2. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Awesome, thanks for the translation! So AIMI likes the horror genre and it was ARAI who likes zombies, hmm... I guess that makes more sense since the zombie theme pretty much came out of nowhere.

That last song totally sounds like Baby Metal at certain parts. You think you can tell us what the songs are about? Obviously PARTY OF THE DEAD has stuff to do with zombies and partying but what about the other song?

3. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

you know what? I'd love to but I cant make out a damn thing she says, of course I understand snippets but not enough to tell you what the song is about as a whole. What I can tell you is that the songs name is "Two Dimensional Romance" and it does reference logging into a computer and such.

4. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Haha I guess the low quality audio doesn't help either, huh? Hmm, I wonder...

Which do you prefer?

5. mabo

mabo Stereopony Fan

thanks for translation:)

crimsonknight4 likes this.