1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translated 5DK of Draft King, Vol. 1

Discussion in 'Draft King Interviews' started by rsniteblaze, Aug 28, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Our good friend Naoki (nokmr) was kind enough to send me these scans so that we can translate them into English for non-Japanese people to read and understand.

-----First, since it is your first time, each of you please introduce yourselves

* Erica (Picture-Middle/ Below …e) Nice to meet you. I’m Erica on vocals. Wielding my white magic stick, the one who will make everyone captive, is me.

* Hiddy (Picture – 2nd from the left/ Below…h) I’m hiddy on guitar and vocals. If you can remember red hair and white skin = hiddy, then I will be happy. The polka dot guitar is my favorite.

* Mao (Picture – 2nd from the right/ Below…m) I’m mao on guitar. I am bullied a lot by the other members in the band but during the live I’ll show you my charm that’s different than normal! Please come to a live to confirm!

* Nohana ( Picture – Left end/ Below…n) I’m nohana on bass. For the time being, I am the leader. I am shy so, someone please become my friend.

* Shiho (Picture – Right end/Below…s) Nice to meet you. I’m shiho on drums. “If I take sake and drums nothing is left” that’s a rumor. To the end, it’s a rumor.

----- Please tell us about the particulars of the band’s formation.

* S – After Stereopony disbanded Nohana said “Let’s form a new band” and that’s where it started.

-----Mao-chan was already playing as a support guitarist, did it flow from there?

* S – That’s right. From the time she was a support guitarist for us we got along so, Nohana said “If we are forming a band, mao is the guitarist right?” and invited her.

* M – When I was a support guitarist with the two, performing with them was really fun, so when the two formally told me they wanted to try to make a band and invited me, it was of a “say OK immediately” feeling

* S – Well although mao is still a support guitarist (lol).

* M – I’m part of the band!!!(Lol).

-----We just did introductions but, you have already been established as the bullied character (lol). How did you meet the other two?

* S – Erica and hiddy were introduced by an acquaintance.

-----After that did you form right away?

* S – No, we went to see lives, performed together in the studio, and piled up meetings, lastly we felt like “Let’s form a band”

* N – We didn’t want to rush the decision of who we leave the vocals to so we carefully took our time.

* E - Up until now us two have not been in a band so at first we were very perplexed.

----- Hiddy-chan really didn’t play the guitar until after the formation of the band.

* H – That’s right. Since from the start mao-san taught me everything from connecting a guitar to an amp.(Lol)

-----The origin of your name is?

* N – “Draft King” has a good ring to it and it also has a nice feel when it is abbreviated so it became the band name. It is a female band but we made it into “king” not “queen”. Shiho excessively likes draft beer and at the time we thought of the name we were drinking so there is a link (lol).

----- There hasn’t been that much time since the band started but, in August you guys have decided to have a one man live! Congratulations!

* Everyone – Thank you very much

----- Please tell me your open thoughts about deciding to do a one man live.

* N – I am looking forward to our first one man live as Draft king very much. But since our formation not too many days have passed, so it is true that there are many things we must do until the one man live. Because of that I want to make the best of those days overcoming any challenges.

* S – Just like nohana said, there are still a lot of challenges but they aren’t obscure challenges, they are things we can see clearly up ahead and because of that I believe we will be able to clear all challenges one at a time. And on the said day I think we will be able to do it in a good form and with good scenery.

* M – Since this is my first time doing a one man live formally as a member of an active band, I am really looking forward to it. I have to make a lot of songs and I wonder how to get the customers to enjoy it but I want to make it a good day.

----- What is the experience of forming a band for the first time like?

* H – Even though I’m in the band there are still challenges, first as an individual I have to put in effort and improve both playing the guitar and singing so I can carry out my role.

* E – Since up until now we have done nothing but lives in which other bands played in about 30 minutes, there are a lot of things about the one man itself I can’t imagine and there is a lot of uneasiness too but, if it is the 5 of us then I believe we will be able to overcome it.

----- You are asked quite a lot about the physical strength aspect of the one man right?

* Both hiddy and I are training in that area!

----- Since you 3 already have experience from doing many one man lives, you’re okay right?

* N – No, since it has been a while since my last one man live I’m uneasy (Lol). Actually I was wondering if shiho would abstain from liquor for me going towards the one man (Lol).

* S – That’s completely impossible! If I stopped drinking, I would be stressed out and I can’t clear any challenges like that! !(Lol) hiddy and erica will both be approaching 20 at the time of the live so I’m looking forward to the end of the live as well!!

----- It will certainly be a course that will last until the morning (Lol). Finally, please tell me your current objectives.

* M – I’m steadily gathering them, but it is by no means a small gathering, I would like to become a large scale band.

* S – The things I want to do with this band, there are many things I wish to express and I want to do it freely. Freedom is truly a beautiful thing but I want to change that into power and become a large band.

* N – In the previous band I was able to make several of my dreams come true but, with this band I would like to make even more of my dreams come true. Because if I believe then my dreams will come true.

* H – Even though I am really happy about being in this 5 person band, with all 5 I want to increase our power as a band. And I would like to become a band that high school students will copy.

* E – Personally as the lead vocalist I want to polish both my performance and songs. My dream is that when people speak of girl bands, Draft King is mentioned. Since the first step to that will be the one man in August, I’ll definitely make it a success!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. rsniteblaze

Original post updated with crimsonknight4's translation. Finally, we have answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Draft King!

As we all suspected, Nohana, Shiho, and Mao had it all planned soon after Stereopony disbanded. I do wonder who this mutual friend is that introduced them to hiddy and erica though. The fact that Hiddy was taught guitar by Mao is also surprising to me, especially since they say that Mao is still the "support guitarist" since Erica has the lead role.

Finally... the name... So obvious from the start, but at least we have confirmation lol.

3. wannasalad

wannasalad Dedicated Stereopony Fan

I laughed out loud at Mao being bullied by the other members lol Poor poor Mao... At least it sounds like they get along well, so I'm happy.
    Great job CK!! ^^

4. rsniteblaze

Haha yeah. I still can't believe that it was only about a year ago we were still wondering what Mao's fate would be. Was she going to be support for Stereopony for forever? Would she join as an official member? Was she going to leave eventually and for her own band?

And well, technically... the answer to all those questions is "Yes" but in the form of Draft King. Crazy... lol.