1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translated 5DK of Draft King, Vol. 13

Discussion in 'Draft King Interviews' started by rsniteblaze, Sep 16, 2014.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

“Draft King’s 5DK ~The Draft King Meeting!!”’s 13th publication!
    We will be interviewing them about Draft King 1st EP “Just Say u.r.?” which goes on sale this month from 3/28 [Friday] at SHIBUYA CLUB QUATTRO!!

----- Finally a CD goes on sale. What are your feelings?

SHIHO – I can once again experience the joy and urgency of releasing a CD. I’ve been asked many times at lives “Don’t you have a CD?” so with this CD in hand, I want to go to various places and perform lives.

MAO – This is the first as Draft King but, to me it’s the first CD so I’m moved that this happened. There are 3 songs in it but I think it is really individualistic and with its variety it is a really interesting CD.

Erica – This is the first time I’ve been able to release a CD too so I’m happy first of all. When I think about how people can finally listen to Draft King’s sound even at home, I get excited.

NOHANA – I want a lot of people to listen to this and I want to spread Draft King more to various people.

----- What’s the reason for the title?

NOHANA – We all talked about it but, with the words “Is it how you say it is?”, whether it’s fate, a divination, something an important person says, or however something is decided, I feel like it can be changed by something one puts forward themselves; Anyone can change anything themselves. And Draft King will change it. Those are the feelings we wanted to put into it.

----- It really shows your strong will as a band. The reason you chose these 3 songs was?

SHIHO – These 3 songs give an impression of how Draft King is now.

NOHANA – There are other songs we’ve raised through live performances but, I think if we’re making a CD right now, then it has to be these 3 songs!

----- The arranging has really changed since the first time that these songs were presented during a live, you can really feel your growth as a band.

MAO – That’s right. It has changed quite a bit so we would like everyone to enjoy that.

----- How was recording?

SHIHO – erica and MAO’s recording experience is still pretty narrow so I thought it would be hard work but it was an unexpectedly pleasant atmosphere, so since we did it with such a good mood, we were able to make a product that lets you experience the current Draft King.

MAO – I want everyone to listen to the guitar solo on “Hey My Love(M2)” Going along with the feeling on the day of the recording, there are a lot of parts I did ad-lib so it has a live-like feeling to it.

NOHANA – On that song, we all recorded the background singing together so unlike a live you can hear my voice. (Laughs)

Erica – The hardest part was recording “Mayonaka Merry-go-round” but when it was finished I was really moved. All the other songs were completed well since we made the with confidence so please listen to them!

NOHANA – Having made “Abracadabra” which is our first MV and now that it’s been released on You tube and such, I want everyone to see it. All that’s left is the Record Release Final which has been set for 5/23 [Friday] at eggman so please come and visit!!