1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translated 5DK of Draft King, Vol. 9

Discussion in 'Draft King Interviews' started by rsniteblaze, Jan 28, 2014.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Our good friend Naoki (nokmr) was kind enough to send me these scans so that we can translate them into English for non-Japanese people to read and understand.

The ninth publication of “Draft King’s 5DK ~ The Draft King meeting!!~”!
    In order for everyone to know more about the members, we have been tracing their musical roots. This time it is erica [Vocal] and also the last one! In addition we received a message from all the members expressing their gratitude for the past year!!

-----We’ll start right away and ask about you musical roots. What was the occasion in which erica-chan thought “I want to do music”?

*E – With my parent’s influence, from the time I was small it (my interest in music) was nurtured in an environment in which music was usually flowing, because I was always close to music there was never a specific occasion and before I realized it I was aiming for the path of music. That being said from that young age I always selfishly and firmly believed I would succeed in the path of music (lol).

----- So the start of that first step was in Draft King.

*E – That’s right. It was a first time experience for me being able to stand on stage in front of others in a live, it felt like I was finally beginning to head towards my dream.

----- Are the any artists you have set as objectives?

*E – Freddie Mercury. I use a white microphone stand in admiration of him, but I would like to become a vocalist who is capable of such a live performance.

----- That erica’s dream is?

*E – I want to do a live at the Tokyo Dome. When we went to the Tokyo Dome for this publication I once again thought that, to be able to perform in something that big would truly be a good feeling.

----- As the band’s fronts man, thinking of leading Draft King, what is your dream as a band?

*E – I wish that every time someone talks of girl bands, that Draft King is always mentioned.

-erica – Looking back at the past year, I still remember being able to do our first LIVE at eggman like it was yesterday. I don’t have any memories of when I sang nervously and anxiously (lol). That year since then elapsed quickly. I feel like inside the person I present has changed! All of the many invitations to do lives and even being allowed to go to Osaka on tour are really things I am grateful for. I want Draft King’s existence to become known to many people and to captivate them with our LIVE performance! We are now making preparations heading towards our next one man live mission! By all means come and visit (musical note)

- NOHANA – This year was a new start. Many things happened but, looking back, it was a happy year.
    Everyone thank you very much. I am also very happy that Draft King has the record for most live performances at eggman. Eggman is our second home (lol). I believe it is thanks to eggman that the current Draft King can exist. I want to see various more sceneries next year! Together with everyone of course. But first is the one man live on March 28 [Friday]!
    From here on out please come along with Draft King! We’ll make is fun!

- SHIHO – This past year, was really intense. Ever since Draft King was formed I have met various people, and our various colleagues have increased. Well it is normal for my friends to increase in number (Lol).
    And, the things I feel have also increased. The feelings I can feel only now, and being able to meet people is truly wonderful. I’m glad we formed this band. As expected bands are the best. Please take care of next year too!

- MAO – Looking back on this year, I wonder if it wasn’t just a break up of many lives. Performing a song as a band that we made itself was a first for me and, this year I truly felt how fun it was being able to bring everyone’s sounds together as a band. Also letting us into this publication and allowing more people to have the opportunity to know about Draft king makes me very happy. Please take care of Draft King from here on out!

- hiddy – First of all I’m happy I was able to do so many live performances since we started activities as Draft King! Every time I learned and self-examined myself but, each and every live performance was a precious personal experience! It was because everyone was there, that we were able to go to these areas and perform, I was really happy and it was really fun!
    This span of a year was really fast but I still have a dream I want to come true so I’ll keep running through! I met many people and it was a happy year! This was hiddy!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014