1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIMI General Discussion

Discussion in 'AIMI Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

[​IMG]

Use this thread for all general discussion about AIMI. You may talk about both her current solo career and her past career as the vocalist and guitarist of Stereopony. While the topic of ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND may be unavoidable at times, try to keep all discussion related to ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND in the ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND General Discussion thread.

Also, the original post will serve as a placeholder for a collaborative AIMI Biography and list of resources and will be updated occasionally.

AIMI Biography

External Links

AIMI Official Website
    @AIMI_staff (Twitter)
    @AIMI_0904 (Twitter)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  2. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Post your thoughts and predictions about what you think Aimi will do now that Stereopony is disbanded. We all know that Nohana and Shiho are now part of Draft King but we have no idea what Aimi is going to do yet.

My guess is that she will announce her solo debut later this Spring after a short break. Also, since YUI is now on hiatus, I feel like YUI might possibly help Aimi jumpstart her career. The last time YUI was on a hiatus she helped Stereopony write "I do it" so I think YUI might help Aimi.

3. Destonus

AIMI

[​IMG]

Full Name: Haraguni Aimi (原国 愛海)
    Hometown: Naha, Okinawa
    Birthday: Sept. 4, 1990
    Height: 148 cm

Aimi was born on 4 September 1989 in Naha, Okinawa, Japan. She is a vocalist and a guitarist.

Early Career

Stereopony (11/11/08-12/26/12)

Aimi was the lead vocalist for Stereopony, and wrote the majority of the music and lyrics for Stereopony. She usually writes the music before the lyrics, and sometimes has to force herself to write music. She says her melodies sometimes come from humming to herself on train rides home from work or long walks.

Unlike Nohana, Aimi was nervous about getting up on stage and doing this for a living until she saw how much fun the audience was having and how it made them happy.

Her favorite song to perform live is "Hoshikizu Cantera" from Over the Border, because she loves to watch the people dance to it.

In October 2012, Stereopony announced on Facebook that they were disbanding. After a one-man live at Club Quattro on the 6th, the band held their STEREOPONY Lovers Xmas Live Final event at Shibuya WWW, and their final performance a few nights later on the 26th.

Solo Career(5/3/13-present)

On May 3, 2013 at Shibuya HOME, Aimi began her solo career, covering YUI's "Good Bye Days" and playing three brand new songs.

Music Career

--Song Writing

She says that she writes lyrics based on what she wants to share with people, and wrote the lyrics to "Hitohira no Hanabira" so that people could relate. She also wrote "Chiisana Mahou" to show appreciation to their fans. She says that her lyrics come from her own experiences and imagination. She writes about the things that make her happy or sad or about things that happen in her day to day life.

--Influences

Aimi lists Judy and Mary, specifically lead singer Yuki, as her main influence musically. She is also inspired by songs from the Showa Era.

--Discography

Although we know that Aimi performed three brand new songs at her live debut, we do not know the names of them.

Official Links

Twitter
    Official: http://www.twitter.com/AIMI_0904

Blog
    Stereopony: http://ameblo.jp/aimi-stereopony/

4. Destonus

Re: [DISCUSSION] What will Aimi do?

I'm with you on this one RS. Ms. Yoshioka has been at this solo game for quite some time now so I would think that she would be able to help Aimi get started, maybe they'll co-write a song again or YUI will play guitar on something Aimi wrote if she's up to it but I would think that performing would probably defeat the point of going on hiatus.

Aimi is a talented songwriter and writer of music in her own right, but she's been in a band for the past few years, whereas YUI's done the solo thing for much longer.

Their relationship has probably grown from the girls ambushing YUI in the studio while she vacationed in Okinawa, where she had Shiho and Nohana play on her PV's and shared the stage with Aimi to duet "I do it" and do a co-MC with her.

I don't know of any other solo artists out there that Aimi has a professional relationship with other than YUI, so, were it me in Aimi's shoes, I'd be picking YUI's brain for pointers on going solo, but as for collaborations, that would be up to YUI herself. A hiatus is to recharge your batteries and creative juices first and foremost, so unless YUI felt that it would help with that, I'd leave it alone. That and Aimi pointed out it was very frustrating working with YUI as they have different approaches to writing music, which is probably why one did lyrics and one did the melody.

To me asking YUI FOR help on being solo seems logical as YUI has probably made mistakes in her career that she's learned from and can probably save Aimi from many of the ones YUI made, if any. There are probably things that YUI should have done in or did differently that Aimi as a newcomer to this would benefit from knowing. But actual collaboration of any kind sort of defeats the purpose of a sabbatical. Asking for advice is one thing, borrowing YUI is another entirely.

5. rsniteblaze

Good point. It would probably be pretty good for us too since YUI fans would want to check out Aimi and possibly check out VGD if it happens.

The Stereopony x YUI collab and YUI's surprise appearance at the Final Live also make me think there's a good chance that YUI will stick around with Aimi a bit longer.

Notice how I type "Aimi" now instead of "AIMI" *sigh*

6. rsniteblaze

If you have a quick question about Aimi that isn't relevant to any of the existing threads and isn't really worthy of its own thread, post it here.

7. durk87

durk87 Dreamer

What is Aimi current project? now that Nohana and Shiho has joined Draft King...

8. Krios

Krios Stereopony Fan

As mentioned somewhere, she's resting now and will probably launch her solo career later this year.

9. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

I think the two posts above should be moved to: [DISCUSSION] What will Aimi do?

10. rsniteblaze

Seconded.

Sorry durk87, but none of us really know what Aimi is going to do, which is why we have a discussion topic about it like Drahc mentioned.

Please continue discussion about your question here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=297

11. Zer0zUNLTD.

Zer0zUNLTD. Dreamer

how tall is aimi again...? hehehe

12. Jerec

Jerec Dreamer

Site says 148 cm, Bing translates that to about 4'10

13. kokolily

kokolily Dreamer

i hope there will be new materials form aimi x yui since i looove both of them :)

14. rsniteblaze

Re: [MUSICIAN] Aimi

http://fendershop.jp/?tid=13&mode=f6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AIMI
    レディースモデルにAIMIが登場 +サイン会も決定!

1990.09.04 乙女座 A型 沖縄県出身

2007年
    高校進学と同時にステレオポニーの前身となるバンドを結成。

2008年
    第2回レコ直新人杯2位を獲得。 11月シングル「ヒトヒラのハナビラ」でメジャーデビュー。 2nd シングル「泪のムコウ」ではオリコン初登場2位を記録し、平成生まれのガールズバンドでは史上初の快挙を成し遂げる。

2009 - 2012年
    その後も数々のヒット曲を生み出し、日本国内に留まらず、SXSWやアメリカのフェス、 アジアでのイベントにも出演し各国のメディアから絶賛された。

2012年12月 赤坂BLITZでのラストライブをもって惜しまれつつ解散。

2013年 ソロとして活動をスタートし、5月に東京で行われた自身初のライブは 即日完売となるなど、今後の活動に注目が集まっている。

Twitter account
    ブログ → @AIMI_0904
    オフィシャル情報 → @aimi_official

FenderのレディースモデルとしてシンガーソングライターのAIMI(ex.ステレオポニー)を起用しました。
    サラサラヘアーと明るい笑顔、そしてカラフルなアイテムを可愛く、カジュアルに着こなし、同世代の女の子のファッションアイコンであるAIMIは、同時にパワフルなボーカルと確かなギターの技術で実力は若手アーティストとしても知られています。

赤いテレキャスターがトレードマークであったように、AIMIはFenderのギターを愛用し、数々のステージと年月をFenderと共に歩んできました。

フェンダーの「音楽とは誰もが話せる言語であり、それは人々を突き動かし、人生や歴史を変える事ができる」というメッセージを、Fenderアイテムを纏ったAIMIを通してたくさんの人々に知ってもらい、AIMIの笑顔と共に明るく前向きになってもらえればと願います。

AIMI握手&サイン会詳細

場所: ラフォーレ原宿 B1F 「ROCK A THEATER」内
    日程: 2013年5月25日(土)
    時間: 15時~16時30分

参加方法
    -ラフォーレ原宿 B1F Rock A TheaterにてFender商品を税込み3000円以上お買い上げのお客様に整理券を配布します。
    -整理券配布期間 5月4日~5月25日12:00まで
    -整理券には数に限りがあります。なくなり次第終了とさせていただきます。
    -配布は一会計につき一枚とさせていただきます。
    -サインする色紙等はお客様に持参していただきます。
    -会場内での写真、動画撮影は禁止させていただきます。
    -場内のスタッフの誘導、指示に従っていただけない場合、イベントへの参加をお断りする場合がございます。
    -イベントはアーティスト、会場の都合で中止となる場合がございます。予めご了承ください。

15. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. rsniteblaze

She looks so good in these photos! I made a couple of them my wallpapers on my phone haha.

17. Destonus

Aimi, could you or your ex-bandmates PLEASE release a single or something so we have something to listen to?

18. rsniteblaze

Re: [MUSICIAN] AIMI

Anyone want to write an updated bio for her to add to the original post?

19. Destonus

I went through the Aimi Bio in my section and tweaked it a bit, look it over and make changes if you want and we can put that as the top page with the pic of Aimi.

20. jona DJ

jona DJ Dedicated Stereopony Fan

the fender thing... yea, she looks awesome in those pics.