1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND General Discussion

Discussion in 'ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND' started by dereko92, May 8, 2014.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Updated the original post. After thinking about it, I've decided to wait a little while longer before deciding to put a separate section for ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND on the website. If AIMI starts an ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND blog, then maybe I'll add it. Until then, all ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND discussion will be held here and all important information and links will be added to the original post.

Back on topic... What do you guys think about Arai's guitar skills? This is the man who performed the original "Ookami" and helped write "Blowin' in the wind" for Stereopony (I think)...

2. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

He does seem quite talented but I'm not a big fan of how much the song above focuses on the actual guitar. I think it takes away from Aimi singing, I've not listened to his old bands stuff so I don't know if it's just a case that it happens in this song or it's the way he plays?

3. leo_harrison

leo_harrison Stereopony Fan

he's not like hizaki but i'm glad i watched this (:) i can cover this song next month (:)

he's at same level with aimi. but i wonder how many guitarist AiU will have. If they have rhythm and lead guitarists AiU will be better than Stereopony and Draft King.

4. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

Well, I for one am impressed. That's pretty fast, intricate guitar work and he makes it look easy. He's very precise and clean.

5. rsniteblaze

I think it's the theme of the band and what this song in particular is supposed to be about. It's called "Party of the Dead" so doesn't it seem like it would sound loud and chaotic? The other songs they recorded don't sound nearly as guitar heavy so maybe you'll like their other songs better.

I think Arai will be the only guitarist. If they need another guitar, then AIMI can do it. Besides, they already announced who their support members are, so I doubt we'll get anyone else.

Finally a positive reaction lol. Do a cover video!

6. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

It's not that I don't like the song, I think it's just alright, but in saying that it's not even the whole song so I'll have to wait to hear the whole thing before I judge that.

And from the snippets I heard from their site the other songs do seem more my style. I just wish they'd get out to releasing them :(

7. rsniteblaze

Producing CDs costs money and they won't sell a lot unless they promote themselves. I'd give it 6 months at most before a release announcement.

8. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Most likely a debut single announcement at their first Live, then release it in September - I hope

9. rsniteblaze

This band was announced in May, and they announced a live in August, which is 3 months later. If they release the CD in September, then that would make 4 total months to promote ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND and 1 month to promote the CD release.

If they release a CD after six months, then the date would fall somewhere in November, which I think is more likely since Stereopony released a lot of CDs in that month. November releases usually followed a previous release or event from August of that same year.

"Smilife" was released and Stereopony's first tour were both in August 2009 and then "Tsukiakari no Michishirube" was released in November 2009.

"Tatoeba Utaenakunattara" was released in August 2011 and then More! More!! More!!! was released in December 2011, one month later than normal probably because of "Arigatou" being released in September 2011.

Stereopony never made a release in September, except for "Arigatou" which was because "Tengoku Kara no Yell" was released early October. So this threw them off their normal release schedule.

This is all just speculation of course, based on Stereopony's release schedule... 3 months, 4 months, and 6 months are all good times to space out events. I just think 3 months after the live is more likely because 1 month doesn't sound like enough time to promote a debut single. A lot can change between the end of the live and the release date of the single. Remember what happened with Stereopony's debut? They cancelled "Sayonara no Kisetsu" and released "Hitohira no Hanabira" instead.

Also, November is closer to the holiday season in Japan, so they can get better sales around that time.

10. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

really looking forward to this music, love how AIMI is in this

11. TonyTonyChoppa

TonyTonyChoppa Stereopony Fan

It's funny how something can just bug you but you don't know why. After they announced the rest of the AiU line up, I really started to hate AiU and couldn't figure out wtf is Aimi doing with those jerk wad guys.

That's when I figured it out. I am pissed that the rest of AiU are dudes. I am so used to it being all girls.

When Stepo kinda added a new guitarist, it was a girl (Mao). When Stepo temporarily broke up (they will get back together!!!), Draft King was formed by adding 2 girls (Erica and Hiddy).

Major off topic about the new girls: Mao is super cute up close. Erica seemed unsure about her English and was to shy to say much to me, but really listened hard to try and understand me. Hiddy is so ridiculously beautiful that she made me temporilary insane. When Nohana asked me who was my favorite member of Draft King, I said Hiddy was because when she smiled at me I fell in love. On the plus side, Nohana quickly taught me "F&%$ you Tony" in Japanese. :eek:

Back on topic: I realise that when AiU was first announced I really did hate that guy partnering with Aimi (don't tell me his name, I refuse to learn it). I just didn't want to admit it. Now that they have added these 2 new guys, I can't deny it anymore.

At first I thought that now that I know why I am mad, I should just get over it. But on second thought, screw that!!

Just like all of you, I love Aimi and I am not embarrassed to say it. I don't like my innocent, sweet Aimi spending time with a bunch of dudes. Those dudes should all stay away from my precious Aimi. They should just worship her from afar like the rest of us.

I am not sure if anyone else feels the same way or not. I am just throwing it out there.

BTW, I am not crazy. I have no delusions about Aimi. Besides, I finally decided I am going to marry Nohana! :p All I have to do now is get her to forget that I told her I love another woman more than her... :(

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  12. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

Go tony go ! lol <3 Aimi for life ~!

13. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

I'm guessing you didn't like the Stepo single with Kariyushi58 then

14. leo_harrison

leo_harrison Stereopony Fan

we share same worries :)

15. TonyTonyChoppa

TonyTonyChoppa Stereopony Fan

Yeah, I don't like that one. I never really liked any of the collaborations that much. I look at it this way, if Stereopony is the best, then everything else must be inferior. By adding in something inferior, you just make the awesome thing less awesome.

16. rsniteblaze

Looks like the Stereopony Purist religion is still strong.

When you really think about it, it doesn't matter that the other people playing the instruments are guys. In the end, you'll be listening to an audio track where all you'll hear are the sounds of instruments and AIMI's vocals. You can at least pretend that it's new Stereopony music.

17. ButterflySparkle

ButterflySparkle Translator

I do agree partially with Tony and I do agree with RS too >T< but when I saw the whole "Party of the Dead" concept I was sure that AIMI would shine in that concept. But I do still think that if AIMI had joined another all girl team it would have been different. Now AIMI is like the Lotus blooming, like a Rose among the thorns :D

Stereopony, DK and AIMI are all very pretty and Hiddy going solo.. T_T
    Kariyushi58 was a fail in my opinion for Stepo. The song was good but I wish they'd chosen a different band to do the collab with. I would have loved to see a collab with Scandal and Stepo.. xD (ScandalPony fandom yey xD )

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  18. rsniteblaze

SandalPony lol

19. ButterflySparkle

ButterflySparkle Translator

That's what happens when you have too much tea in one day.
    One of my favourite performances of theirs is ScandalPony GIRL'S FACTORY. Though Doll suffered a little bit because of Haruna's vocals but it is still my #1 fav Scandal song xD Both bands were so pumped up for the performance :D

20. rsniteblaze

We're getting off topic, so I replied to this in the Stereopony Discussion thread: http://forum.verygooddays.com/threads/stereopony-band.564/

So back on topic:
    If AIMI had joined another all-girl band, then I'm sure it would've ripped this place apart. At first AIMI fans didn't like Erica and Hiddy much when Draft King was revealed, so I'm sure it would've been the same with NOHANA and SHIHO fans with the bassist and drummer if AIMI made a new girl band. Imagine the conspiracy theories...

Besides, AIMI would be competing directly against Draft King, SCANDAL, and a ton of other all-girl bands, so teaming up with ARAI to form ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND was a smarter choice in my opinion.