1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translated ARTISTS MEETS ANYMUSIC, VOL. 48: STEREOPONY (PART 1)

Discussion in 'Stereopony Interviews' started by Destonus, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

*Edit* Added font colors and a shortcut link to the second interview.

[​IMG]

──昨年の春に沖縄から上京されて、11月のメジャーデビューから3枚のシングルをリリース。この1年を振り返っていかがですか?

AIMIさん 私とSHIHOはこの春に高校を卒業したばかりなんですけど、ホントにあっという間の1年でしたね。一番印象に残ってるのは、2ndシングルでチャート2位をいただいたこと。あれはホントにビックリしました。

SHIHOさん 最初にスタッフさんから報告を受けた時は、3人とも「えぇ~?」って感じで信じなかったんですよ(笑)。

AIMIさん で、新聞に載ったのを見て「ホントだぁ!!」って。その記事をすぐに写メったんですけど、あれはもう永久保存版ですね。

NOHANAさん その時は特別なことは何もしなかったんですけど、先日デビュー半年を迎えて、同時期にアルバムが完成したので、その日に3人でお祝いしました。

[​IMG]

SHIHOさん リビングに集まって、デリバリーのピザを食べて「おつかれ~!」って。

AIMIさん その瞬間はホッとできましたね。何か月もレコーディングを頑張って、やっとアルバムが完成したので、すごい達成感があって。いろんなことを振り返って、曲を聴き返したりすると、やっぱり感動するものがありましたね。

-- You came up to Tokyo from Okinawa last spring, and released 3 singles after debuting in November. How have you been this year?

AIMI: By the way, SHIHO and I just graduated our high school last Spring, and the time flied like an arrow this year for me. It was the most impressive thing that our second single reached second place on the Oricon charts. It was really amazing.

SHIHO: We didn't believe our staff was speaking the truth about result at that moment. "Are you joking?" we all said. (Ha-ha)

AIMI: And then, we saw the article on the newspaper. "Wow, it's true!!" I took a picture via cell phone camera. I should save it permanently.

NOHANA: Though we didn't celebrate specifically at that time, completing our album in our about half anniversary of debut made us to do.

SHIHO: In the living room, having some delivered pizza, after said "Cheers!"

AIMI: I really felt a sense of accomplishment and I'm relaxing at the moment because we completed the album after making a long effort in recording for many months. I was so moved while remembering some episodes (anime openings) and listening to the tunes.

──そんな1stアルバム『ハイド.ランジアが咲いている』が、いよいよ6月17日にリリース。「移り気」という花言葉を持つハイドランジア(紫陽花)ですが、これをタイトルにした理由は?

AIMIさん ステレオポニーは元々、紫陽花という言葉にゆかりがあって、アルバム発売の時期も紫陽花の咲く時期ですし、アジサイの花って、その土の成分によって咲く花の色を変えるんです。

NOHANAさん 3人ともその思いは強かったので、タイトル案の打ち合わせ中に「ハイドランジア」っていう言葉が出てきて、全員一致で決まったんですよ。

[​IMG]

AIMIさん 紫陽花の花言葉も私たちにぴったりで。このアルバムには、ステレオポニーの生い立ちというか、成長過程を入れたいという思いがあって、過去のストック曲から最近できた曲まで揃ってるんです。私たちはシングルを作ってる段階から、ステレオポニーのいろんな色を見せたいという気持ちがあったので、アルバムではそれを存分に発揮できたんじゃないかなって。

-- So, your first album " A Hydrangea Blooms" is going to be released on June 17 at last. Though Hydrangea's flower language is heartlessness, why did you refer the flower's name as the album title?

AIMI: We think Stereopony is related with Hydrangea. It'll bloom in the season when we'll release the album, and the flower colors change depending on the soil.

NOHANA: We all strongly thought it's similar to us. So when the name was expressed at the meeting for an album title, all members and all staffs agreed.

AIMI: I think it's flower language is fit for us. The album includes from the early days to recent tunes because we want to show our upbringing or growth process of Stereopony. We wanted to show our various sides while making our singles, and I think we did well in the album.

*Hydrangea's flower language "heartlessness" was translated "移り気" in Japanese.
    Because "移り気" means "curiosity" too. And I guess they understood its flower language is "curiosity".
    By the way, hydrangea has another flower language "Thank you for understanding".

──レコーディング中のエピソードで印象に残っていることは?

NOHANAさん 初めてのアルバム制作で、初めての長期レコーディングだったので、かなり大変だったんですけど…(笑)。中でも『マイミステイク』という曲は、特に苦労した曲で。最初に私とSHIHOでドラムとベースの音源を作って、その後にギターとボーカルを入れたんですけど、その段階でAIMIから録り直したいと言われたんです。

SHIHOさん レコーディングの時は、まずアレンジャーさんと話をして、各自で練習してアレンジを加えていくんですよ。その最初の音源を作る段階で、こんな感じがいいんだろうなっていうふうに思ってやってみたんですけど、実際にギターとボーカルを入れたら、イメージが真逆になっちゃったんですよね。

AIMIさん お互いの解釈が違ってたっていうのもあると思う、ギターとボーカルが盛り上がってるのに対して、なんかドラムとベースが落ち着き過ぎてるかなっていう感じがして。

SHIHOさん たぶんそこに持っていった感情とかも全然違っていて。それで、すごい申し訳なさそうに「悪いんだけど、レコーディングし直したいんだよね」って言われたんですよ。しかも夜中に。録り終わっていた私たちはそんなこと予想もしてなかったから、寝てる時にまさかの電話で(笑)。そっからすぐNOHANAの部屋に行って「NOHANA起きて~っ、録り直しって言われたぁ~(泣)」って言ったら、「それ絶対ウソだよ」って(笑)。

[​IMG]

NOHANAさん 信じたくなかったんです。それを聞いた時は、ホントに泣きそうになりましたもん(笑)。

AIMIさん ふたりとも苦戦してたのを知っていたから、私もすごく言いづらかったけど、そこはやっぱり譲れなくて。この曲を作ってたのが、ちょうどレコーディングの中盤ぐらいで、その後もどんどん新しい曲を入れていかなきゃいけない時期だったんで、ダメージが大きかったみたい(笑)。

SHIHOさん それで焦りが一気に来た感じだった(笑)。でも、実際聴いてみたら、やっぱり録り直したほうがいいなって私たちも納得して。あれはホントに大変でした。でも、辛いのは自分だけじゃないので、メンバーがいるっていうこと自体が心の支えになってましたね。自分ひとりだったら、すごい苦しかったと思う。

AIMIさん そういうメンタルな部分で支え合ってるっていうのは大きいですね。私たちは趣味とかはバラバラなんだけど、音楽のことではバラバラにならない。誰かがこういうふうにしたいって言ったら、自分も同じように思っていたりとかして。ステレオポニーでやりたい方向性は一緒なんですよね。

-- Which song is most impressive while recording?

NOHANA: Because it was the first time for us to make an album and to record for such a long time, it was so hard...Ha-ha. Especially, "My Mistake" was very troublesome. At first SHIHO and I made a track which includes drums and bass guitar sounds and then guitar sounds and vocals were added. And, AIMI said it should be re-recorded while she was recording.

SHIHO: Generally, we had some meeting with an arranger and arranged each part with practicing when we make a new tune. While recording the first track, we (NOHANA and SHIHO) played as the way we thought it sounded good. But the tune showed a totally different feeling when it was added with guitar sounds and vocals.

AIMI: I guess we didn't have common sense. Guitar sounds and vocals showed exciting feeling, but drums and bass guitar sounds ware too calm.

SHIHO: Possibly, we had a different way of feeling and she asked me apologetically "Could you re-record that track, though I see it'll be troublesome". It was even midnight. As I didn't expect such a claim, I couldn't believe she would call me sleeping. Ha-ha. And then I run into NOHANA's room soon and said "Wake up NOHANA! AIMI claimed to re-record it!! *crying". NOHANA said "Surely she's joking". Ha-ha.

NOHANA: I didn't want to believe it. I thought I would start to cry in the next moment. Ha-ha.

AIMI: Because I knew they made hard efforts, it was not easy to ask. But I didn't want to compromise. It's about the halfway of making the album when we were making that tune, and we should be going to record many tunes next to next. So they might be very depressed. Ha-ha.

SHIHO: I got impatient at the moment. Ha-ha. However we understood AIMI's claim, when listening to it. That was really troublesome, but they were right by me. Their existence encouraged me without words. If I was lonely, I suffered more.

AIMI: It's so helpful that we support each other mentally. We have different hobbies, but we have same affection in music. If the other member said they want to do something, I want to do same usually. We look for the same target in Stereopony.

──3人の中では、やっぱりリーダーのNOHANAさんが引っ張っていく役割?

AIMIさん そうですね。大事なところで一番フォローしてくれる。

[​IMG]

SHIHOさん NOHANAは常にポジティブなんですよ。

AIMIさん SHIHOは外向的で、初めて会った人に人見知りするのはAIMIとNOHANAなんですよ。で、何か起こった時に一番プラスに考えるのはNOHANA。そういう面でAIMIとSHIHOはネガティブなんで、1回クタッてなると「これもダメだ、あれもダメだ、どうせダメだ~っ!」ってなっちゃう(笑)。

SHIHOさん いつもふたりで慰め合ってるもんね(笑)。

NOHANAさん で、それを上げるのが私の役目なんです。

SHIHOさん NOHANAは何の根拠もないのに、自信満々で「大丈夫」って言うんですよ(笑)。でも、私たちはNOHANAに言われると、なんか安心するんですよね。

-- In your band, whose role is to lead members? Of course, leader NOHANA?

AIMI: Yes, she's the leader. She supports us in difficult situations.

SHIHO: NOHANA is always positive.

AIMI: SHIHO is extroverted, and NOHANA and I are shy in the first meeting. But NOHANA is most positive when dealing with problems. In front of a problem, SHIHO and I are negative. So, if she and I are depressed, we'll say "It'll go wrong. That will be bad. We have no way!" Ha-ha.

SHIHO: AIMI and I comfort each other usually. Ha-ha.

NOHANA: So, I encourage them.

SHIHO: NOHANA says "No problem." Aggressively, even if she's not confident. Ha-ha. And we'll feel at ease with her talk.

──作詞作曲はAIMIさん担当ですが、歌詞にはリアルな自分が反映されている?

AIMIさん そういうリアルな部分と想像と、両方ありますね。

SHIHOさん 私たちから見て、AIMIらしいなって思う曲はすごくいっぱいあって。AIMIは心を開いてる相手とかだと、思ったことを何でも言うんだけど、言えない時はホントにガマンする子なんですよ。真っすぐ言いたいんだけど、素直に言えずひねくれちゃう、みたいな。そういうあまのじゃくな感じの歌詞を見ると、AIMIっぽいなぁって思います。

-- AIMI writes songs, right? Do your lyrics show your real expression?

AIMI: They include my real experiences and imaginations.

SHIHO: I think many of our songs show AIMI's feeling. AIMI opens her mind to talk with close friends, but in case with the others, she endures not to state them clearly. Though she wants to express herself, she can't be obediently sometimes. I think some lyrics are just AIMI's way that includes perverse expressions.

*Possibly, you feel that SHIHO dislikes AIMI's character. If you feel so, some words should be fixed up.

──リスナーの方にはこのアルバムをどんなふうに聴いてもらいたいですか?

[​IMG]

AIMIさん この作品は曲順にもかなりこだわったりして、通して聴くとビックリすることが多いと思うんですよ。そんなギャップ好きなステレオポニーをわかってもらえる1枚になってるので、飽きないで聴いてもらえるんじゃないかなって思います。そしてこの中から、自分が主人公の曲を見つけて楽しんでもらいたいですね。

-- How do you hope listeners will enjoy this album?

AIMI: We worked hard even to decide the order of tracks. If you listen straight through the whole tracks, it's a Jack-in-the-box. I guess you can feel Stereopony is diverse and don't get tired. And I wish you'll pick up your favorite one to fit your life.

──7月には初のワンマンライブが開催されますが、皆さんがライブの際に心がけていることは?

AIMIさん ライブ中はお客さんの表情をよく見てます。ちゃんと目を見て、ひとりひとりに対して歌いたいっていう気持ちがあって。だから私たち、しょっちゅうお客さんの顔を見てるよね(笑)。

NOHANAさん ライブでは毎回そういう感じなんですよ。今度のライブでも、なるべくたくさんの人と目を合わせられたらいいなって思います。

AIMIさん 初ワンマンなので、ここまで来れたっていううれしさと同時に、プレッシャーもあるんですけど、それを乗り越えて、みんなに来て良かったって思ってもらえるようなライブにしたいですね。

-- You'll hold the first concert (not festival) on July. So, what do you try to do while performing?

AIMI: I try to look at the audience's faces and even their eyes. I want to sing to each audience. So, we look into the audience's faces really. Ha-ha.

NOHANA: We did so in every performance. I want to look into everyone's eyes as many as possible in the next concert.

AIMI: The concert is the first time for us, so we feel pleasure and pressure. I hope we'll overcome the pressure and make all audiences excited.

──最後にリスナーの皆さんへメッセージを。

AIMIさん 『ハイド.ランジアが咲いている』は、ステレオポニーが今できることをすべて詰め込んだ作品なので、そのありったけを聴いて欲しいです。それを聴いてライブに行きたいと思ってもらえたら。絶対に損はさせないので、ぜひライブに来て欲しいですね。

SHIHOさん ライブの時はいつも、楽しいっていう気持ちをお客さんと共有したいと思っていて。毎回、緊張とかいろんな思いがあるんですけど、ステージに上がる直前には、3人で「とにかく楽しもう!」っていう言葉を掛け合うんですよ。そんな私たちの「好きなことができて楽しいんだ」っていう気持ちを、ライブ会場でみんなに感じてもらえたらうれしいです。

NOHANAさん 私たちはやっぱり生で音楽を届けたいっていうのが一番にあるので、次のワンマンもそうだし、その先ももっともっといろんなところでライブをしていきたいと思っています。ぜひステレオポニーのライブを見に来て下さい!

[​IMG]

-- OK, please give your messages to the listeners.

AIMI: I wish you feel our soul while listening to " A Hydrangea Blooms". It's our best. And I hope you come to attend our concert if you favor the tunes. We'll never disappoint you!

SHIHO: I always want to enjoy being with the audiences. Though we feel pressure before performance, we all say "Let's enjoy!" to each other in front of the stage. I wish they will enjoy together like our feelings "Doing our favorite thing for our fans is fun"

NOHANA: We hope fans enjoy our live performance. Of course at the next concert along with the expected concert after that and in many places too. Please attend our concert!

Link to original article here:
    http://www.anymusic.jp/interview/48_stereopony/ab_music.html

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014