1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BEEEAST]Draft King's new song on sale in August{akkin×Torii Miyuki×Ochi Yurano}Powerful Tag

Discussion in 'Draft King Discussion' started by crimsonknight4, Jul 5, 2015.

1. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Original Article

Details for the release of Draft King’s 3rd single “This is me.” On July 22nd have been revealed.

“This is me.” is a song made by erica(Vocal) herself. Singing about living with her helplessness and suffering, “I’ll be grateful if those who listen to this song become at least a bit more forward facing and come to love themselves a bit more”.

For their sound producer, they have appointed akkin who is known for being ONE OK ROCK’s producer and has also worked with MAN WITH THE MISSION and YUKI. While bringing out Draft King’s best sound, a fresh, powerful, pop-like sound is being made. With regards to Draft King, akkin commented “Their performance and singing in the studio was so wonderful it gave me goosebumps. Although I was suddenly participating they were able to answer perfectly with their music still firmly carrying their individuality, and I thought that that’s what a band is and I got pretty excited. ”“It was a good session. The melody is simple but powerful, it’s the type of song that you’ll hum right away. They had a powerful awareness of the direction we were heading in with the sound and phrases, it was like I was only pushing them forward a bit.”

In addition, even the music video and jacket for the same song are getting some support. Continuing from their previous MV “Okuru Kotoba”, their senior from Sun Music Torii Miyuki will be in charge of directing. Torii’s world is spreading through the point of view of music in this work too.

Torii Miyuki made comments such as the following.

「It seems this song was made by erica but it’s not only for erica, this song is not a designed story so it become “This is me.” for everyone, no matter what generation there are different ways each person will see the song. Even people who seem like they don’t have any troubles can be wrapped up in many troubles. It can also match gravure idols for who “Not having troubles is a trouble.” I think that is expressed in this music video. To reduce cost our lunches were the hot snacks you find next to a convenience store’s register and we put that money into the video. We were hungry. Please watch it.”

Ochi Yurano, a popular model active in popteen makes an appearance in the MV. Ochi Yurano is also on this single’s jacket and commented this about the song “I want girls in our age group to listen to this song. If you listen to it when you have various worries and no confidence, it’s a song that can encourage you and push you forward.”

A 39 second spot of the MV is up on YouTube, with the full version scheduled to be released soon. The 3rd single “This is me.” goes on sale 7/22 (Wednesday). TOWER RECORDS has begun accepting pre-orders、 and those who purchase the limited copy will receive a DVD with a “Okuru Kotoba Special LIVE MUSIC VIDEO” as a special present.