1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cakes are artsy

Discussion in 'Members' Creations' started by Cake's a lie, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

Yo, I'm reviving my own thread yo :m008: . I'll be posting art and stuff here.

Be prepared for Touhou, lots of Kantai Collection and girls with animal ears, as well as some weird anatomy studies.

Guess I'll start of with some Touhou. People who have my facebook probably saw this and the sketches and stuff already.

Inubashiri Momiji from Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith. She's not a cat, she's a white wolf tengu. She has a bad relationship with Shameimaru Aya but has, on the contrary, a fairly good relationship Hatate. We fans like to think she's canadian due to her signature, the maple leaf, hence I drew a maple leaf in the background and some splatter (abuse of splash brushes) to increas the amount of creepy in the picture.

[​IMG]

2. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

Here's some stuff that I've made since I last posted in this thread, and that was, like, over a year ago. I've been practicing, and a lot of times I've been looking like this during the process -> :m049: Well, I hope you enjoy.

This girl is called Mira (みら). She's a Zenko, a good fox spirit, and my mascot character.I'm planning on making some major changes to her cloths though. [​IMG]

This is my latest full color illustration and the only illustration where I've actually attempted to put an actual background in. Playing lots of Kantai Collection has spawned this illustration of two of my favorite fleet girls among the IJN destroyers, Shigure and Yuudachi. The story behind the illustration is a symbolic farewell between Shigure and Yuudachi. Shigure is facing the horizon, and facing her future while Yuudachi has her back turned to the horizon meaning that she's not able to follow her friend towards that future. Yuudachi sunk during the battle of Guadalcanal, also known as Ironbottom Sound, on the 13:th of November 1942. Shigure sunk on the 24:th of Januari 1945, a few months before the end of the war.

Even though it is a sad farewell I didn't want to make the background all dark and gloomy since I wanted it to symbolize a brighter future. Both of them have quite deep relations with darkness and rain.

Yuudachi singlehandedly sunk 1 US Cruiser, 2 Destroyers and threw a "F**K YOU!!!" torpedo at USS Portland before being sunk herself, earning her the title "Nightmare of Salomon".

Shigure was a part of the Nishimura fleet that set of for Surigao Straight. After crossing the T with the U.S 7:th fleet, Nishimura's fleet was crushed. Shigure was the sole survivor.It was raining on that day. Also knows as "Shigure of Sasebo". [​IMG]

Here's some doodle that I made of Yuudachi. I based the design of her kimono on her sailor uniform she wears in her second remodel form. [​IMG]