1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft King Band General Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft King Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Draft King

[​IMG]

Members (in order from left to right)
    nohana
    • bassist and leader of the group
      23-years-old
    shiho
    • drummer
      22-years-old
    hiddy
    • vocalist and occasional guitarist
      19-years-old
    erica
    • vocalist
      19-years-old
    mao
    • guitarist
      20-years-old

Biography
    Draft King is an all-girl rock band that formed in December 2012. Not much is known about this band, except for the fact that three of its members were involved with the former rock band Stereopony and that they created a Twitter account on 7 December 2012.

Draft King performed at Stereopony's STEREOPONY Lovers X'mas Live Final on 24 December 2012 as the opening act for the show, just three days before Stereopony's STEREOPONY Final Live BEST of STEREOPONY. After their performance, they announced themselves as a new band and would be performing at Mix UP!! vol.49 on 19 January 2013.

On September 2nd, 2013, Nohana announced on her blog that due to the popularity of their videos on StageAce (one and two, respectively), that they would be filming a PV of Abra Kadabra.

It was also announced that two songs from Draft King would appear on GIRLS ROCK #SURF / V.A. and be the first time their global fans would be able to enjoy their music. The CD is set for a release date of September 25th, 2013.

On November 21st, 2013, hiddy announced that after their Shibuya-O west live, she would be leaving Draft King to pursue a solo career.

Involvement with Stereopony
    Both Nohana and Shiho were members of the former rock band Stereopony. Mao was also involved with Stereopony, working with the band as a support guitarist for most of 2012 up until Stereopony's final live.

Links

Website
    Music Scene Website

Blog
    nohana blog

Twitter
    @DraftKing_BAND
    @DK_erica
    @DK_hiddy
    @DK_mao
    @dk_nohana
    @DK_shiho

2. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

If you have a quick question about the band that isn't relevant to any of the existing threads and isn't really worthy of its own thread, post it here.

3. rsniteblaze

Re: Quick & Simple Draft King Questions & Answers Thread

I think it's likely Sony will bring them in since Nohana and Shiho were under them before. It also makes sense since erica is following Nakatani and Sakamoto on Twitter.

4. durk87

durk87 Dreamer

I know Stereopony just disbanded, but they just Change to Evanpony right? And now Nohana and Shiho is playing for Draft King, is it temporary or permanent change?

5. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

From what we can tell, EVANPONY was a temporary collaboration they did, but with the disbanding a lot of fans started to attack evan on twitter saying it's his fault for the girls breaking up and he directly tweeted about it, so I'm doubt we'll see EVANPONY again.

As for Draft King it seems like this will be SHIHO and NOHANA's new band; NOHANA seems to have become the (temporary) leader.

6. Jerec

Jerec Dreamer

What'd he tweet in response, exactly?

7. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

the only thing he tweeted about it was
    I think that EVANPONY was going somewhere until the fans started to lash out at him. But you never know, maybe EVANPONY will make another release this year. A lot of things are still up in the air concerning the girls so, it is the start of the year after all, we will find out more things in time.

8. Krios

Krios Stereopony Fan

Evanpony was really meh to begin with, the style wasn't as good as the initial hype (if any)

9. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

I agree, wasn't as good as the hype behind it but I still liked Just rock with me; the PV for it was also cute with the girls running around ww

But I agree with Arcluna on 涙なんて見してやんない, it is such a good song and I'm so happy it came out this good with Just Rock with Me being anticipated to be awesome and turning out to be only decent and all (my opinion).

I think it would benefit Draft King a lot if they could some how manage to work with sam hollander; after hearing 涙なんて見してやんない I think pretty highly of him.

10. rsniteblaze

Hate to go Moderator mode right now, but the point of this topic is just for questions an answers about Draft King. Please keep discussion about other topics in discussion threads.

11. Jerec

Jerec Dreamer

12. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Re: [BAND] Draft King

I wonder how it will be until they get a music label

13. jona DJ

jona DJ Dedicated Stereopony Fan

^yea me too... i hope they'll be the 4th of my no.1 bands...

nice logo. love it!

14. rsniteblaze

Digging the logo. It looks pretty classy haha.

Soon hopefully, maybe in the summer after winning SCHOOL OF LOCK just as Stereopony did 5 years prior? It would be like deja vu for Nohana and Shiho if that happened.

15. ButterflySparkle

ButterflySparkle Translator

Draft King bio from official website:

After the regrettable disbandment of Stereopony, a band that had been active for about 4 years, it's members Nohana ( Bass) and Shiho ( Drums) who are finally beginning new activities!

With these 2 as the centre; adding in 19 year olds Erica, with a very individual style of vocals and Hiddy on guitar and vocals with Mao, who just had her coming-of-age ceremony this year; this band's average age being 20, its an all girl rock band.

With their fresh debut's fun songs and getting involved in creating more material, they are energetically performing as well.
    As more live performances pile up, the audience grows and on it has been confirmed that on the 10th of August, 2013, they will be having their solo stage at Shibuya's "Eggman" live show!!
    Moreover, there will be a serialised publication about Draft King in Eggman's free newspaper starting April 2013.
    The veil that cloaks their true personalities will slow be coming off.
    Pic info: 1.Erica/Vocals 1993.06.18 Blood group B Tochigi
    2.hiddy/Guitar & Vocal 1993.05.20 Blood group O Hokkaido
    3.Nohana/Bass 1989.09.16Blood group A Nagasaki
    4.ShihoDrums 1990.10.18Blood group A or O Okinawa
    5. Mao Guitar 1992.07.11 Blood group B Hiroshima.

16. Jerec

Jerec Dreamer

Videos?

Has anyone caught any videos of Draft King performing? Seems like anyone outside of Japan doesn't even know how they sound (hopefully great!).

17. rsniteblaze

Nope, no videos. From my experience in Japan it looks like video recording is prohibited at live venues. Our only chance at getting any Draft King video is if there's a TV broadcast of them performing or a live stream.

18. munkyhead

munkyhead Dreamer

The draft king concerts look so freakin awesome!!! I want them to come over to the states west coast specifically as soon as possible!!!

They must come to the states!!!

19. saldiven

saldiven Dreamer

I'm curious about this, too. I've been rummaging around on various video sites, and I cannot seem to find anything that indicates what DK's sound is like. I know they've done multiple live shows in the last month or so, but it doesn't seem like anyone has uploaded any videos. Also, I haven't found anything where I can buy their music to even get a preview snippet.

20. rsniteblaze

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014