1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft King Band General Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft King Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Hey guys,

Remember how Draft King performed at shows with HEAD SPEAKER?

I KNEW for some reason that the name "HEAD SPEAKER" sounded familiar but couldn't remember why until now. I've been going through internet archives looking for Stereopony and Mixbox stuff we might have missed. One of the things I'm looking for specifically is the live video of Stereopony performing "Namida" at SCHOOL OF LOCK.

Instead, I found this, HEAD SPEAKER's band profile on the SCHOOL OF LOCK site: http://www.tfm.co.jp/lock/riot/2008/artists/artist.php?id=4

It's from the same year that Stereopony was in it but then dropped out of the competition after signing with Sony. My guess is that this is where the Stereopony members met HEAD SPEAKER and why NOHANA and SHIHO know who they are today. Cool right?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. rsniteblaze

Wow, no response from my last post...

Anyways, I just wanted to ask... Did anyone notice that NOHANA's, SHIHO's, and MAO's names are no longer officially lowercase? Only erica's name is lowercase now: http://draftking.info/profile/

3. rsniteblaze

4. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

I have to say I'm impressed with how much you can write on a 3 song single, and that's only the first part!!! I agree with you about the art taking a different path, I think it's their way of showing that Draft King is not Stereopony and is different (even though the songs themselves aren't anything that different).

The giraffes I have no explanation for, do people even like giraffes that much? I mean they're alright but they don't exactly do anything.

5. guild15

guild15 Stereopony Fan

DRAFT KING
    DURAFTU KINGU
    GIRAFFE KING

6. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Alright let's see if we cant get some DK discussion going.
    At the moment they're doing some lives, nothing out of the ordinary...
    BUT
    They seems like they're getting ready for a good amount of activity, most likely revolving around their one man in December
    First of all they did that photoshoot for their new artist picture a while back and we haven't seen it yet so likely it will be used for one man promotions
    Secondly DK was recently recording, judging by the amount of days it took, I don't think it was a full album and chances are it will go on sale, either right before the one man or on the day of the one man itself, but I think its safe to assume it will be a live venue sale only
    Chances are we'll start seeing this stuff around the start of November when they start aggressively promoting their one man.
    Now on to the topic of the one man...
    I always jump to grand conclusions but I think they'll announce their debut, these are the reasons (albeit not good ones):
    1. The timing of the announcement. [short DK 2014 time line: One man -> Country wide CD sale -> Release Tour -> One man announcement]
    Just saying these events are starting to seem like "try-outs" to me. And right after the Tour Final was sold out they announce the one man...
    2. The name of the one man: Mission "ZERO"? This is their third one man so why not "3rd mission" I think this implies the live is special
    3. The venue: Not only did they downgrade size for their third one man, but eggman was chosen. Possibly because sentimental value? I doubt they had problem filling up CLUB QUATTRO so they should at least have gone with a venue of similar size right?
    4. End of the year - I don't know why, but Japanese people love making big moves at the end of the year Lol
    5. There really isn't anywhere else for Draft King to go. Now they just need someone behind the to promote them and make their name known, I think they're good enough. This is just based on the comparison of the first set of live videos and the live videos from the second one man but Erica has gotten noticeably better. And I think "Mayonaka no Merry-go-round" off their CD is really good.

Worst case scenario we'll get more live videos from the new one man ;)

7. rsniteblaze

Given your track record with predicting something big happening for AIMI last year prior to the announcements of AIMI's resumed solo activities and the AIU forming, I think the other members should pay attention.

I haven't been around. How long did it take? Even if it wasn't enough recordings for a full album, couldn't they just slap the three tracks from the EP onto it to beef up the track list? They could also get fancy with an "Introduction" track, an interlude, and a hidden track/message at the end of the album. It might be on the shorter side with maybe just nine tracks, but I wouldn't count out a "full album" just yet.

Seems valid. I kind of hope you're right. It will be two full years after they formed, one year after Hiddy left. And since NOHANA and SHIHO already have experience and MAO has the MUSE Music Academy background, it should only be a matter of time...

Haha, or they delete all their videos again and replace them with updated versions.

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  8. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

I'm still wondering if they're going to make the ZERO show tickets available elsewhere, atm it's only sold at their upcoming lives.

9. rsniteblaze

10. crimsonknight4

thanks haha I got dibs on Hufflepuff

Well DK signed up with an agency
    With this signing I think it opens up a good amount of possibilities

1. Single, what I said about the one man still stands. I think they'll announce something biggish. And clearly its not that they're signing to a label. lol
    2. One of my more grandeur expectations but not entirely implausible: A TV appearance. They still do need to get attention at the national level. So obviously TV is a great way to get them some exposure. Many of Sun's people appear on TV plenty
    3. As I said, they do need exposure so I think we'll be seeing them published in some big magazines too
    4.My most boring and possible prediction: They'll do more lives all around the country and more often for the countryside.

@rsniteblaze about your question about the recording. NOHANA said at one point that they were recording and then like a day later said that recording for the bass and drum recording was done, but maybe she meant for the day cuz recently she posted on twitter that she was recording again.

@dereko92 When you go to the one man don't you dare let me see any pictures you take....

11. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Sun Music seems like quite the bigshot to get signed up with, I'm just curious to how they're going to handle a Girl Band. I just hope they actually promote the band overseas (i.e region-free on YouTube). More or less, I hope they aren't like Sony Music.

@crimsonknight4 I'll try update as much as possible :D

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  12. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

I'm convinced ck sold his soul to the devil for some seer abilities!!! The main thing I'm just waiting for is them to release some more stuff! and hopefully release it world wide

13. maharizm

maharizm Stereopony Lover

Hi guys. Not too sure where to post this but I just came back from the GIRLS ROCK SPLASH 2014 AUTUMN show at eggman in Shibuya.

I had a blast.

As I've described in my intro post when I joined this forum, I was a Stepo listener on and off, and just gotten to check out DK, which means I don't really know their stuff inside out. They played just before OSB who headlined the show.

The set was a 5-song set.

Not in any particular order they played (I won't go on how fantastic they sounded live - erica sounds better tonight than their old YouTube vids):

誓いの歌

Hey My Love

真夜中メリーゴーランド

アブラカタブラ

エレクトリック

EDIT 13.12.14: I just read a post on the official Girls Rock Splash!! site (http://girlsrocksplash.com/post-512/) which described the songs DK played including the one I didn't recognise. However, I do remember them playing 5 songs and they did play アブラカタブラ.

I arrived when Michelle Aoi was performing during which time MAO was manning the merch stand. After Michelle finished her opening set, I approached the merch stand and SHIHO was standing next to Kirin-chan the stuffed giraffe. SHIHO was telling me to get the CD and I thought to myself I didn't need that much prompting hehe. I also bought a tee but we didn't chat much apart from they were well happy to hear I came from the UK for a vacation and was willing to spend time to attend the live. SHIHO and MAO signed my CD.

After DK's incendiary set, erica was at the merch stand and I told her how I loved their set and performance. NOHANA was around too but she seemed busy with sorting some stuff out. I told erica in what crappy nihon-go I know that I couldn't attend their one-man live as I had to be back in the UK before then. erica then signed my CD and said she hoped that I'd enjoy the rest of the live and I could come again one day to attend another DK show.

It was then time to watch OSB who played a superb set. Anyway, my friend nudged me to say NOHANA was standing next to him (yeah, we were near the merch stand as it was the best place to be at the eggman for the view). So, after the live finished I went up to NOHANA and had a chat with her during which time SHIHO was there too. NOHANA signed my CD and we went on talking about the UK. I mentioned Igirisu (イギリス) and she made the shape of the Eiffel Tower with her two hands and went "PAREE?" She was so funny! At that time I wasn't too sure whether she was confusing UK with France, or she asking me something else.

I have to say the four of them were very nice and had no airs about them. I had to tell SHIHO that her drumming was hontou ni saikou da ze and she bowed her thanks. I finally mentioned that I had listened to STEPO before (I was kinda worried about mentioning their past) but NOHANA and SHIHO appeared so grateful. Gosh, these were the two people from STEPO, man.

I then told NOHANA onaka suita - she then said "Oh, are you hungry?" I said yeah, we gotta go now to catch a bite to eat (the show ended at 8pm which is so weird - in the UK gigs finish at 10:30 pm the earliest - yeah I know Japanese bands play their shows early to allow fans to catch their trains home) and we said our farewells.

My first ever gig in Japan I've ever attended and I got to speak to the band that I wanted to watch. Best. Gig. Experience. Ever.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Senak, dereko92 and crimsonknight4 like this.
  14. crimsonknight4

Wow sounds like you had a great time. You even got your CD signed, that's great! I can totally see NOHANA doing that Eiffel Tower thing haha.
    As for the fifth song I believe they mentioned they have been performing a new song.

15. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Great report! Good job on getting to talk with them all, mad jealous. :m006:

I hope you're gonna keep that CD in a vault in mint condition

Oh and send @rsniteblaze a message so he can reward you 100 points for seeing them live (Y)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  16. maharizm

Thanks, guys.

I did ask SHIHO politely for a photo op (more of wanting to get a selfie with her and MAO) but she politely decline, and she quickly added that she'd be very happy to sign the CD I bought instead.

Oh, and before I left eggman to enjoy a burger in downtown Shibuya, I managed to get a handshake from NOHANA and SHIHO. ^^

17. rsniteblaze

Aw they declined the photo? Well, I guess not everyone can have special privileges like Tony haha.

Did you mention you were from VGD? You're probably the first UK member that they met haha.

But hey, congrats on being the first VGD member to get their CD signed. You got a one-up on all of us. That's going to be a very valuable item down the road. Take care of it haha.

18. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

guys I'm pretty sure we're gonna need a dislike button, the extreme jealousy I'm feeling!!! Na but seriously sounds like you had an awesome time dude!

19. maharizm

lol.

I didn't wanna pursue to the matter any further as SHIHO was very polite about the photo thing - I dunno whether being officially signed meant a new clause with fan interaction :p just guessing.

senak - I wasn't expecting this. At all. lol. I'd treasure this experience for ever, man!

20. pony4me

pony4me Stereopony Fan

yay me2 me2 =3 B3xyjzGCYAIIMcb.jpg

maharizm and dereko92 like this.