1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft King Band General Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft King Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 19, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

2. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Yay!!! I look forward to translating the lyrics, its an awesome song. I think erica actually wrote it. I think it s one of their better songs they have.
    I think the release of a new single so quickly is a good sign. They just finished the tour for their last release.
    I think Sun Music is going about it the right way, now that they have spread DK's name a little, this next release should be good.
    In fact I think that's why the first one was chosen as "Okuru Kotoba": To release a song with name recognition and to save a better DK song for later release.
    As always there's always the question of the coupling tracks, as always I would like to see Mangetsu but I don't think that's gonna happen this time around.
    I am also excited for a new PV and just general promotion for the song leading up to the release.
    They just began recording so I'm excited for all the goodies we'll get June-July, and considering it isn't to large of an interval of time before release, Im sure that they'll begin recording for the PV as soon as the song is finished.
    Knowing "Okuru Kotoba" was released on CDJapan I think its safe to say this next one will follow suit.
    And finally I think its time to start thinking first DK album!
    If you count "Just say u.r.?" they'll be on their third single so it wouldn't be a stretch to say we might see an album next year!
    Im so excited and proud of DK! I remember when I barely had enough material to TL, and now I cant keep up!

3. rsniteblaze

lol you're right. Before there was like nothing to translate.

If we go by regular release patterns, I would put my money on a holiday release for the album. Some time in November or December. Looks like things are starting to pick up.

4. crimsonknight4

whew, that Sun Music is seriously reading my mind with all these moves. I support their actions 100%
    If you really want to know why the girl, Ochi Yurano is on the cover...
    this is why:
    ochi yurano.png

I've already read plenty of "Ill buy this since your on the cover" comments lol

Also the song is great, and from what I've heard of the recorded version its going to be really good. I think this single is Draft King's chance to get out there. Let's support 'em all the way!

5. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Genius move by Sun Music, just her retweeting DK gave them heaps of views

6. crimsonknight4

Hmm surprisingly the Draft King Facebook page is still occasionally making posts in English... Bands usually so that only when they have a reason to (ie upcoming overseas live). It might be that but it might also be that they realized that they have plenty of overseas fans and want to cater them as well... Thoughts?
    PS I had a dream DK came to LA and I usually don't have "I want this to happen" dreams...
    There was even a new T-shirt design in the dream, Ill see if I cant re-create it on Microsoft paint and throw it up here...

EDIT
    Here's the design. It did have the blue with the stars on the right but I'm too lazy to do that...
    And I suck at computer art so it looked better... (It had more than 4 bars and they were faded towards the end)
    DK.jpg

7. crimsonknight4

Woah its been a long time. Eyy you guys need to get some discussion going...
    Anyways we're at the quiet before the storm I think. Draft King finished their 5 months of project lives and have currently exhausted all of their live schedule. It's almost a year since their last release so yeah...
    Nohana was doing a blog everyday until April and compared to their live schedule before, April wasn't too heavy.
    In May DK has only had 2 lives so far and now they have no scheduled lives left. And no blogs. Nohana claims she's busy so I'm thinking that they are working on that album. I think this new album is going to take a good amount of time to complete because I think they'll want to put the best product out there possible. They might even release another single before the album but I have little doubt the album is in the works.
    They would also need new visuals and a new MV so that would add more time to the process. Nohana recently mentioned they'll be switching outfits so that might be good news but I doubt if it was she would announce it so non-chalantly so I doubt that's significant news.
    Nohana's weekly radio show on Nagasaki FM is ending so that might be a sign that their activities are going to get a lot more involved.
    There is currently a relative silence from all the DK members (specially erica). So we're either seeing the calm before the storm or the portents of a DK break-up (God bless our souls...)

nijibashi likes this.
  8. nijibashi

nijibashi Global Moderator Translator

Yay I'm very curious about their album!
    I wonder if it's going to come with a limited edition DVD about their lives project, a documentary, cuts from their lives or maybe some acoustic seasons...

And nooooooooo DK can't break up! D: DK has all our hopes, it can'ttttt

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  9. rsniteblaze

@crimsonknight4 Seriously?? "Portents of a DK break-up" what?? How can you say that here!? haha. If we don't get anything in the summer, then my guess is a September release. Single if not an album. At this point it seems like they won't be announcing a return to the US this summer since they would've announced that already. So, working on their album seems likely.

nijibashi likes this.