1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translated Entrevista Stereopony

Discussion in 'Stereopony Interviews' started by Drahc, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

]I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but at AnimeBoston Stereopony was interviewed by a spanish speaking person.

[flash=250,210]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iQVqgevkx0[/flash]

I thought it was cute that Aimi had the biggest smile on her face cause I think thats the first time she heard spanish ww

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Stereopony Podcast

3. wannasalad

wannasalad Dedicated Stereopony Fan

Re: Entrevista Stereopony Mc Radio

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iQVqgevkx0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

4. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Re: Entrevista Stereopony Mc Radio

Here's a transcript of the interview that wannasalad volunteered to do for the site, which is a pretty amazing job considering what she had to work from, including bad audio and Spanish so bad a native speaker she consulted said they messed it up. Next time, ask Keita from 7 !! to do it for you!

Anyway, here's the interview.

"TRANSCRIPT INTERVIEW MC RADIO

MC RADIO: Ok people from MC Radio, here’s Dj Adam and we are at Anime Boston 2011 holding an exclusive interview with Stereopony; one of the Japanese rock bands that has recently been playing all over the United States. So let’s start this interview that’s going to be an exclusive to Latin America and the rest of the world. Can you start by introducing yourselves to our listeners?
    AIMI: Ok. We are Stereopony, from Japan, and I’m Aimi, the vocalist. Nice to meet you!
    NOHANA: I’m Nohana, and I play bass. Nice to meet you.
    SHIHO: I’m Shiho, on drums. Nice to meet you.

MC RADIO: Being from Japan, could you imagine the impact you’d have on the music market in the United States and the world? How do you feel about coming to the States knowing you have so many fans here?
    AIMI: In the beginning we didn’t know we had so many fans overseas and it surprised us that at our first Live concert here so many people knew our songs and they were singing them with us; asking for certain songs. It was amazing.

MC RADIO: Ok. Second question: How did you feel about working with (fellow) singer YUI on “I do It”?
    AIMI: First time we met her we were so nervous because we had no idea she even knew about us, about our music. We played together and it was decided we’d work on a song. We were really happy about working with her, considering how famous she is, how much we love her music. It was a wonderful experience.

MC RADIO: In general, Rock is a music genre most associated with men. How do you feel about that, being an all-girls band in a market mostly ruled by men?
    AIMI: We are not playing around. We’re being serious.

MC RADIO: Right now, there are many girls in Mexico and even the United States listening to us that are still afraid of forming their own band, worried about discrimination coming from men. What advice would you give to these girls that are interested in forming their own band?
    NOHANA: If you really want it, go for it. Don’t be afraid.
    SHIHO: It’s best to go for it, instead of regretting it later.

MC RADIO: Have you been to any country in Latin America?
    AIMI: No, actually it’s the first time we ever heard someone speaking in Spanish and we’re totally blown away. (Laughs)

MC RADIO: Many Japanese bands have been to Europe, Latin America, and the United States. Do you see it in your future at least Europe’s inclusion to one of your tours?
    AIMI: We’ve been playing only in America for now, but we want our music all over the world if possible.
    MC RADIO: So there’s a chance that one of Latin American countries would be on your list?
    AIMI: Yes, of course.

MC RADIO: We’ve seen many successful Japanese singers in the United States coming up with songs in English. Have you thought about writing songs in English for your American audience?
    AIMI: We have a single out, which is called “Chiisana Mahou” and in that album we included a song we had completely written in English, “It’s a Wild World”. The audience singing our songs in Japanese was what inspired us to write it. We were so impressed that they were singing our songs with us, considering how difficult Japanese can be, that we thought about returning the sentiment by singing to them in English. It’s something we really wanted to do and we thought it’d make everyone happy.

MC RADIO: Are there any differences between your Japanese fans and your American fans? What’s the biggest one?
    AIMI: They’re completely different! (Laughs) Our Japanese fans are more restrained in showing their enthusiasm, so we usually have to be more energetic on stage for them to correspond. On the other hand, Americans are so enthusiastic and energetic; it shows in their hand gestures. It’s fun. Like, a big “yay” in Japan would be “Yay!”, while in America it would be accompanied by loud cheering and lots of hand gestures.

MC RADIO: What is the message you intend to pass to the audience while you’re singing up there on stage? What do you want them to feel when they listen to you singing?
    AIMI: Personally, I just want them to live life to the fullest and enjoy themselves. I want to enjoy it with everyone and have fun because you never know what may happen tomorrow.

MC RADIO: Many people in the United States and around the world have known your music through Anime, how do you feel about that? How do you feel knowing that you’re much more famous amongst Anime fans?
    AIMI: It makes us happy. Anime is basically everywhere, it reaches so many people; so if they can watch Anime and listen to our songs while doing so, then we’re happy.

MC RADIO: What is your favorite song to perform? If you have one (you like most).
    AIMI: Our songs or anybody else’s?
    MC RADIO: Your own songs, yes.
    AIMI: Wow, that’s hard. (laughs) Hmm I think mine would be “Smilife”, because it’s a happy song and whenever we perform it everybody gets really excited. It’s a contagious feeling.
    NOHANA: Mine is “Hoshikuzu Kantera”. I like it because it makes me want to dance and I enjoy seeing everyone dancing together to the song.
    SHIHO: “Nijibashi”. Love singing along to it.

MC RADIO: Now everybody… we’re approaching the end of this interview, so we only have time for two more questions, ok? So... How do you see yourselves in the future? What do you expect to be doing 5 years from now or so, as a band?
    AIMI: Well, we’re going to be 25/26 years old at that time so we would love to do a world tour by then.

MC RADIO: Last question then, what is your favorite Anime or Manga?
    AIMI: Mine would be Nana. It’s a Manga about a singer called Nana.
    NOHANA: Sailor Moon! Love the flowing long hair and everything.
    SHIHO: Dragon Ball Z.

MC RADIO: Could you send out a message or a quick greeting to our listeners?
    AIMI: Alright. (Laughs) Nice to meet you!
    NOHANA/SHIHO: ¡Hola! (Laughs)
    AIMI: We are Stereopony, thank you so much for listening to us!"