1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to a Show!

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

I'm seeing if I can consolidate all the talk about going to see someone in concert that we cover in MD to one thread and keep the artist/band threads to talking about the band itself and new releases.
    If you go to a show, we'd like to know:
    • Who you saw
    • Set List(if you can remember!) who MC'd, stuff like that
    • Your impression of the gig
    I'll be moving some of the show reports we already have into this thread, but we'd love to hear about it!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

[​IMG]

Silent Siren @ Ebisu Liquid Room
    I regret not being able to write up a report earlier, my memory is terrible (genetically destined to have Alzheimer's).

I'll start off by stating the obvious that they were beyond cute and at the same time really cool. Yukarun was great at being the crowd pleaser by instructing the audience with the clapping/waving/etc. and she also did most of the MC work. Hinachu was soo intense with her drumming - it was as if she was in her own world, she was really cool. Suu as usual sounded great hitting all the insanely high notes and so on. There was also a support guitarist named "Michi" and she fit in really well being all cute.

There was a raffle sort of thing since it was Christmas so everyone got a 3-digit number on a card when they entered the venue. When it was time to do the raffle they carted out 3 wheels with numbers 0-9 and each member took a turn with a suction-dart shooting the wheel as it moved. And here's to amazing part, one audience member won 2 prizes because the shot the exact number TWICE. Can't remember what the prizes were exactly but it was something like Fan club membership and tickets to future shows.

All in all, it was the best Christmas ever for me!

3. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

SCANDAL @ the Rosemont Theater (part of Anime Central and their HELLO WORLD tour) 05/15/15

Set List, from our friends at SCANDAL Heaven...

01. love in action
    02. Satisfaction
    03. DOLL
    04. Shunkan Sentimental
    05. SCANDAL BABY
    06. Onegai Navigation
    07. Kagen no Tsuki
    08. Departure
    09. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY
    10. Yoake no Ryuuseigun
    11. Your song
    12. Image

Encore:
    13. HARUKAZE
    14. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!

Personally I think the audio was badly done for the show, loudness seemed to rule out clarity and having the vocals be clearer than the instruments. But otherwise the line was worth the wait. Mami is a more amazing guitarist than I thought she was and Haruna isn't too bad herself. Rina was somewhere between "Yay! I'm playing the drums!" and going more Shiho-like with hair flying every which way. Tomomi tripped on stage, SH says that she missung some lyrics in the chorus but considering it's a live show, I'm not going to hold it against her; this is the same girl who at the Q&A said that she hasn't been anywhere besides the hotel and the concert venue, but her pillow and bed were very comfortable. Having gotten HELLO WORLD too late for it to be completely downloaded into my brain, I did have moments where I wasn't sure what song it was at times, but got very excited when they played songs I DID know well. My only disappointment is they didn't do Shoujo S, which was very unusual as they did Harukaze and Shunkan Sentimental which are tied into anime and this concert was part of an Anime Convention.

But other than that, it was worth the trip out to the outskirts of Chicago as I did get my picture with them and got the concert T, but no autograph...and no autograph poster...or folders for questions I knew all the answers to except one!

rsniteblaze likes this.