1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Mayonaka Merry-Go-Round

Discussion in 'Draft King Videos' started by rsniteblaze, Sep 16, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Source: http://stageace.jp/movie/954

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJLIHZbD5U

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  2. rsniteblaze

Between "Abra Kadabra" and "Mayonaka Merry-Go-Round" I actually liked this performance better. It also has a Stereopony feel to it.

The beginning especially reminds me of "Tsukiakari no Michishirube" because all you hear are Erica's vocals and Mao's guitar, which is similar to AIMI's opening to TnM.

It also sounds like "fuzz" during the interlude, which the video cuts right before... So basically, you're all missing out on the best part, unless you have access to StageAce.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

3. ButterflySparkle

ButterflySparkle Translator

I LOVED THIS SONG!!! I want to cover this already!!!!! :D It sounds brilliant and like RS said very Stepo like XD :m003:
    Awesome song :)  :m040:

4. rsniteblaze

Haha the only thing I'm not used to are Erica's movements. She's even more energetic than Nohana is. Since she has no instrument she has nothing to do during the guitar solos. The interlude in this song is actually very long in the full version, at least over a minute iirc. So she was like spinning around and stuff and dancing haha.

5. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

I really liked this one. Over all I liked the song, it sounds very Stereopony-ish. Not really used to how Erica moves but that's a good thing (that she moves, lol), it gives them an entirely other stage presence, especially on a small stage like that .

I think that the song itself was very well written, though, I can't say that I was a very big fan of their sound, at least not in this song. It'll be fun to see where they go from here.

Over all : Good Job :m022:

6. nikid

nikid Global Moderator

Yeah, I also really liked this song. :m022: As all of you already said is Stereopony-ish ^^ I wished it would be longer, but... :m194:

7. nikid

nikid Global Moderator

"Draft King onemanLIVE
    ~2nd mission to the DK~" at SHIBUYA CLUB QUATTRO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YJLIHZbD5U[/youtube]

8. rsniteblaze

In case you guys didn't notice, the newly uploaded video is the full version of the song now.

Those solos... haha. What do you guys think?

9. nikid

nikid Global Moderator

Yeah, its nice to finally listen to the full song.

I like those solos, but dont really think it goes too well with the music before it. I dont know, it seems strange at first =P

10. rsniteblaze

Updated with the new video.