1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band ONE OK ROCK

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by rsniteblaze, Jan 20, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

[​IMG]

Vocals : Taka born in 17.APR.1988 / Tokyo
    Bass : Ryota born in 4.SEP.1989 / Osaka
    Guitars : Toru born in 7.DEC.1988 / Osaka
    Drums : Tomoya born in 27.JUN.1987 / Hyogo

Formed in 2005, ONE OK ROCK has performed mainly at live concerts. The group fuses different music styles like Emo, Rock and Heavy Metal into their own, their sound and frenetic live performance are supported by enthusiastic fans of young age. Performed at every rock festival all over the country last summer, their first album entered the chart in second place on October 2011. Then, in autumn, they had nationwide concert tour, and performed to 24000 fans at the sold-out show in Yokohama Arena for 2days at the end of the tour.
    http://www.oneokrock.com/english/index.php

Seven of my favorite songs and my opinions on all of them. Enjoy!

You absolutely MUST listen to everything.
    "Answer is Near" - The first song I heard by them. I was really impressed with Taka's English and how cool the transitions between Japanese and English were and his gestures and body language, which made me want to hear more.

"Liar" - The second song and video I've seen of them. Watch Taka go, especially in the chorus.

Let's flash forward a bit. ONE OK ROCK released their double A-side single "Re:make/NO SCARED" a couple weeks after I first heard about them. And well, it's my favorite song and favorite video of them. My favorite part starts at 2:00, happens at 2:08, and goes on until 2:33. Those mic tricks dang! Who says you can't "play" a mic like an instrument? Haha.

Here's "NO SCARED" - Not really one of my top favorites, but it's still really good! It's just that I like some of their other songs better haha. But the video is hilarious.

Meh, I might as well throw in the "Re:make/NO SCARED" B-side track too. It's called "Rock, Scissor, Paper" - I don't know why, but I really like this. It's kinda catchy, the chorus.

Last summer, they released their single "The Beginning" which has a tie-in with the live action Rurouni Kenshin movie. This video stole the title of "favorite video" from "Re:make."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh9yZWeTmVM

I'll end this post with what I think is their most popular song, "Kanzen Kankaku Dreamer" - This song is actually older than all of the other songs I just showed you guys. Compare this with "The Beginning." You can see that even today they still do the whole typography thing in their videos haha. That's probably why I really liked "The Beginning" so much and why "Kanzen Kankaku Dreamer" is also one of my favorite songs and videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbxsiBZGPI

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    nijibashi likes this.
  2. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

And when is your buddy in Japan going to hook you up with ONE OK ROCK stuff?

I've loved every album the people here and the previous site suggested to me.

People, check these guys out if you haven't already! They're about as deep a rock as I care to go.

3. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

I have a couple of buddies who rocks our to ONE OK ROCK, of course, I do as well :) Thanks for the introduction, like, last year or something RS :)

4. durk87

durk87 Dreamer

Nice post, I've always wanted to listen to One Ok Rock but don't know where to start, Thank You for your suggestion. And thank God Taka didn't pursue his career with NEWS.

5. Destonus

I swear all you need is Niche Syndrome and Zankyou Reference to sum up ONE OK ROCK. I have their first album, but I was like "meh...these guys are okay." Then RS told me to get those two albums, and now I'm hooked.

Oh! The boys have their new album coming out March 6, JINSEI X BOKU = (Jinsei Kakete Boku wa). No tracklist yet, but The Beginning from Rurouni Kenshin, Deeper Deeper, and Nothing Helps will be on it.

Also get DVDs (or if you have jpopsuki, download) their concerts! Budokan alone is amazing (even if Liar lost something live...:()

6. XwingsofaresX

XwingsofaresX Global Moderator

They're pretty chill. I listened to the new single Deeper, Deeper/Nothing Helps and it's pretty neat.

7. jona DJ

jona DJ Dedicated Stereopony Fan

i like this band ,though not a fan. but yea, they're really something.

8. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

Taka collaborated with the punkband Simple Plan and made a new version of their song "SUMMER PARADISE" for the japanese Simple Plan fans. It's EPIC :m001:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBmTGlUmgpg[/youtube]

9. Destonus

Yeah, very cool. They also sell song books for them on CD Japan Cake, so if you ever wanted to learn their songs, you could.

10. ONE OK ROCK have nice songs, but i want know more about UNLIMITS :m057:

11. jona DJ

jona DJ Dedicated Stereopony Fan

12. rsniteblaze

Just wanted to say that "Juvenile" is freakin' sick.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFfxycY0n4[/youtube]

13. Rafayui

Rafayui Dedicated Stereopony Fan

i'm planning to see them ...are you came too jona..? we could meet there ?? haha

14. rsniteblaze

Dang, so lucky. I'm still waiting for the inevitable North America tour lol.

15. rsniteblaze

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqd_b5aoyl4[/youtube]

16. Destonus

I'm (hopefully) going to the show in New York. Anyone else from VGD going so we can sort of coordinate something?

17. rsniteblaze

Good idea. It's not Stereopony but we're all definitely overdue for VGD get togethers in the US.

If any of you guys are going to the LA show, let me know... I'll be with some college friends, but I won't let that stop me from at least meeting whoever goes.

18. Destonus

If anyone from VGD is going to the New York show, let me know! I'll be in unfamiliar territory even though I'm trying to get as close to the venue as I can by train.

19. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Recently saw OOR at CDJ, and boy they were F***ING awesome!!

Best song was Deeper deeper, everyone formed a huge mosh-circle and when the drop hits - it's an all war.

You guys will love it when they come to the States!

20. Destonus

I'm looking forward to it!