1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Band ONE OK ROCK

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by rsniteblaze, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Annisa

Annisa Dreamer

i went to their concert last year and it was amaaaaaaazing!!!
    i had a blast and honestly i forgot almost half of the night bcs i was toooo excited singing and shouting and jumping like a crazy monkey :m001:

i'd go again if i have the opportunity haha so those who have the chance to go, you should go cause you won't regret it, I guarantee!
    oh not forget to mention, i'm also a BIG fan of them too :m108:

2. Mdri

Mdri Dreamer

Not bad, but certainly not my cup of tea.

3. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Well, I went to the concert last night. It was... amazing!! I pretty much called the entire set list, so that was cool. The only songs I really wanted them to perform but they didn't were "Kimishidai Ressha" and "Juvenile." Other than that, they performed all my favorites.

Apparently, there's a pretty huge fanbase here. The pit was filled with all the hardcore fans. They even had a banner and had people sign it (sound familiar?), and ONE OK ROCK brought it out on stage to show off at the end of the performance, just before the encore.

Their English is pretty good, even though it's scripted (they even admitted it). To paraphrase Taka: "How is my Engrish? Can you all understand me? I'm actuarry not very good at speaking Engrish. It's all scripted. ... I can't say long sentences ... That's it. I'm sorry it's so short." (someone in crowd yells "That's what she said!") Then Taka says "That's what she said" too and then they play the next song.

I have a feeling that the set list is gonna be the same for New York, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

Introduction - Where Idiot Should Go
    1. Ending Story??
    2. Deeper Deeper
    3. Nothing Helps
    4. C.H.A.O.S.M.Y.T.H.
    5. Let's Take it Someday
    6. Jibun Rock
    7. Clock Strikes
    8. Be The Light
    9. Instrumental
    10. Liar
    11. Answer is Near
    12. No Scared
    13. Re:make
    14. Kanzen Kankaku Dreamer
    15. The Beginning
    EN. Wherever You Are

But yeah... It was pretty awesome...

4. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Damn that's a pretty solid setlist, although its missing Koi no Aibou!

I wonder how that banner was organised, is there a big US OOR forum or community out there?

5. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Des here, reporting in on the most awesome show I have ever seen in my life. From buying the tickets in October, to the significant sum to get to New York and then to the Best Buy Theater, having to stand out in the snow in a line that went on forever and ever, all worth it!

Arrived in New York at Penn Station a little after 4:00. Ate lunch, made it to hotel around 5:35, decided was good time to head for the venue since the doors opened at 6:00. Line went around the block to 45th Street. I heard there were people waiting since 2 am so they could be first in line! I'm not that crazy. Show itself didn't start until 7:30.

RS Setlist matched up almost perfectly, except after Answer is Near, they did Re:Make, and then Kazen Kenkaku Dreamer and finally the Beginning to end.

They disappeared for a long time, then Toru came out with an acoustic with Taka and Tomoya and Ryouta joined in later on Whenever You are, ending things off with NO SCARED!

I lost track of the f-bombs Taka dropped during the show. But it was that awesome! Taka again asked us if we could understand his Engrish.

He also seemed to forget at first that they were in New York instead of LA.

The best Takaism was him asking the crowd what time it was (ONE O CLOCK!) and answering, "Good, I always wanted to do that."

The standing room only people sung along with all the English parts and the all English songs.

Hearing all these songs LIVE and seeing how talented they really are was amazing.

I wanted to get some concert merch but the lines were too out of control...

Now that ONE OK ROCK's crossed off my list, a certain SCANDALous foursome better make their way to the East Coast...

Or some sleeping beauties...or silent sirens...or a band that named themselves after their lead singer, or maybe, JUST Maybe, a group that apparently formed in a McDonalds...

That, and Ryouta was shirtless the ENTIRE SHOW!!!!!! I was planning on timing how long it would be, but I didn't have to.

The little instrumental the other three did while Taka's voice presumably was recuperating was cool too. That man is NUTS!!! I swore he was going to fall every time he jumped off something.

I wish the show was longer! It seemed to fly by and only two songs for an encore. But fourteen songs covering the three best albums was good enough for me.

It was AWESOME!!!!!!

6. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Sounded great

Did you meet up with the other VGD?

7. Destonus

Sadly, no. I tried to coordinate with VGD East Coast months ago and no luck. But still, the show was awesome! If they release a live DVD or Blu-Ray I may have to get it since they were filming!!!!!!

No luck on OOK Swag though...there wasn't a line, there was a mob. Maybe I could have been luckier if I went sometime during the show...but I would have missed the show!

Any clue where to get Japanese band apparel?

8. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

I'm not sure about OOR goods but your best bet would be using a shopping proxy like http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/ and requesting goods from the official sites

9. rsniteblaze

Yeah... The line was crazy after the show. I was in line for an hour. I bought the t-shirt from that Sidestep app, and the Sidestep reps were walking up and down the line looking for people with confirmation numbers, so I got that like an hour before we got to the end of the line. Other than that I got the hoody. They ran out of posters way before I got to the end of the line, so that was too bad.

10. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Only lined up for one hour!? You should of been lining up for atleast 3 :m011:

11. rsniteblaze

I'm sure the other people who were behind us were in line for that long lol.

12. rsniteblaze

Just got back from Warped Tour in Pomona. Saw ONE OK ROCK perform, and I bought Jinsei x Boku, ONE OK ROCK wristband, and a poster. After the performance they held a meet and greet and signing so I got my album signed AND I took a picture with Taka. We were so close to the stage haha it was awesome. They're so tall... compared to Stereopony.

Set List:
    1. Instrumental (idk the name, they performed it at Club Nokia too halfway through the set list)
    2. Deeper Deeper
    3. Nothing Helps
    4. Clock Strikes
    5. Stuck in the Middle (new song)
    6. The Beginning

13. Destonus

Sucks that they only did a handful of songs, but hey, you got to get your album signed and get a picture with Taka, so I suppose that makes up for it.

You mean to tell me that this WHOLE time you didn't have Jinsei x Boku? That kind of makes sense, considering "the Beginning", "Deeper Deeper", and "Nothing Helps" are already on singles, but there's still plenty of good songs just on the album! Well, other than "69"...

According to the official site and CDJapan, the new double single comes out the end of July, but "Stuck in the Middle" doesn't appear to be on it.

Still, should probably get it since no idea when they're going to cut another album.

14. rsniteblaze

I had the digital version of the album this whole time. I only bought the physical version now because it was only $10 at the event, and I wanted to get it signed.

15. Destonus

Is there a working picture of the band we can put up? I tried copying one from their website but it didn't work.

EDIT= Nevermind, I grabbed one off their FB.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  16. rsniteblaze

"Mighty Long Fall" PV was just posted on ONE OK ROCK's Facebook!

What do you guys think?

17. rsniteblaze

New music video! What do you guys think? To me, the screamo definitely sounds like ONE OK ROCK's style but the song overall sounds very similar to American bands. More so than "Mighty Long Fall" and "Decision."

18. Destonus

Sounds like OOK to me! If anything they're absorbing traits from American bands they're friends with.