1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Otakon 2015

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by rsniteblaze, May 26, 2015.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Very Good Days Attendance
    If you are planning on attending Otakon, please reply to this thread to be added to this list.

Hotel Room Assignments
    In order to cut down on costs we should try to share hotel rooms throughout the weekend. If you are looking for a room to share or if you have already booked a room and are looking for roommates, please reply to this thread. Ideally, we want four people in a room, but I will leave it up to the room hosts to make that decision.

Elsuke's Room (5/4)
    1. @Elsuke
    2. @Arcluna
    3. @rsniteblaze
    4. @Drahc
    5. @crimsonknight4

TonyTonyChoppa's Room (1/4)
    1. @TonyTonyChoppa

People Looking
    1. @DSteele

Preparations

In addition to travel and hotel preparations, we need to make other preparations for Otakon 2015 itself like we did at Sakura-Con 2012 for Stereopony. Just to refresh people's memory:

-VGD T-shirts
    -Draft King Banner
    -VGD Business Card Flyers
    -Gifts for Draft King Members
    -Cameras and Video Cameras for Press
    -Audio Recording for the Interview

We can discuss more about these things in the replies.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

If I hadn't bought a new car i would of been a "MAYBE", but there's 0% of me even trying to go - I am still trying to go CDJ and etc. again this year though if anyone is keen

3. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

First, I'm not 100% a go...but I am 99.9% I'll decide very soon.

If I do go, I'll be driving in, so I might be able to pick people up at the airport (it's not close to where you need to go if I remember correctly).

I'm at work now so I'll add more tonight.

4. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

well I registered so I'm either going or just threw away $90

5. rsniteblaze

Well, that's literally all of the active US/Canada VGD members, except Destonus, Wings, and Ehhjayy. Once Draft King is 100% confirmed and we're approved to interview Draft King we'll proceed with plans from there.

6. rsniteblaze

The official announcement has been made. Moved this thread from VGD Staff to Random Chat.

Continue planning!

7. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

I forgot to update that I am going.

8. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

i'm going and i'm mad excited lol

Arcluna likes this.
  9. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

Yo Drahc... you gotta fix your signature

10. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Hi! I might be able to attend, but I have to figure out if I'm working that weekend or not and book a flight/motel.

11. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

I'm going to obviously, dont forget to bring your copy of "Just say u.r.?" to get it signed/ impress the girls, cuz they just sold out. That'll show you've been their fan longer than most.
    Only Tony has the honors of having "Hey my Love" though :(

12. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Yeah it's always sitting on top of my PC Case ;)

13. TonyTonyChoppa

TonyTonyChoppa Stereopony Fan

Oh no CK, my copy of "Hey my Love" and "Just say u.r.?" are already signed! What do i do now?!?! *flex* :p

But i still need to get my poster signed. Last time I was too busy talking with Shiho and I forgot to get the poster signed. *more flex* *rub it in CK's face* I was making Shiho jealous because she wanted to get a hug from Scantapony, but Scantapony kept running away from her. But Scantapony would give me hugs everytime I asked. Shiho was getting pissed, so of course, I kept asking Scantapony for hugs. BTW, I call Scantapony 私のちび (my runt/little person/munchican).

14. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Mfw I can't talk to Shiho because I don't speak Japanese well at all.... :( And I have a huge crush on her.

15. TonyTonyChoppa

TonyTonyChoppa Stereopony Fan

My Japanese sucks. We talked in English mostly. Her English has gotten surprisingly good.

16. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Oh really? Cool! I so want to go but I have to wait and see what my schedule looks like at the end of July.

17. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Can count me as a 50/50 I put in the paperwork at work for Fri-Sun off.

18. rsniteblaze

Hey, DSteele! I remember you. You're the guy that won the "Just say u.r.?" EP from the contest on Draft King Fan.

Welcome to Very Good Days! Hope to see you at Otakon!

DSteele likes this.
  19. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Yep that'd be me haha! I hope to be there as well. Are you guys still looking for more people to split hotel costs and stuff?

20. rsniteblaze

So far, it looks like we're all full.

@TonyTonyChoppa got his own room and may or may not be looking for people to split costs with.

More people are still making plans and may want to share rooms too. So hopefully they'll post here soon.