1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Otakon 2015

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by rsniteblaze, May 26, 2015.

1. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Ah. I just don't know anyone in Baltimore haha. Don't want to travel alone or when I'm at Ota alone :S.

2. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

We'll be rolling as one unit when we're at Otakon, so you don't have to worry about that. There's already a bigger group now, compared to Sakura-Con, so we might also need to look into ways for communicating with the whole group at once. Certain people don't have phones *cough*CK*cough* so that's going to be a big issue. We don't want to lose anyone haha.

3. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

I was about to suggest a Kik group but then I read the no phones thing haha. The best suggestion I could make is for them to buy a burner phone. For 5-20$

4. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Ill figure something out for when I go to Baltimore (as far as my phone situation goes but don't get used to it *cough*RS*cough*)

5. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

If it turns out that you're the only one without a phone, then maybe we can all just take turns babysitting you lol.

By babysitting, I mean we'll use the buddy system throughout the weekend—except for Elsuke since I'm sure he'll be doing his White Specs Photography thing during our downtime while we're there. Just make sure you're always with someone who has a phone and we're all good.

We just need a surefire way of contacting everyone at once if Draft King makes a surprise appearance during the convention itself, like at their merch booth or if they're doing a live interview somewhere.

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  6. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

But yeah I'll let you guys know in a few days if I get a green light from my work, I might require some assistance on where to book a hotel or what airport to fly to though :p.

7. TonyTonyChoppa

TonyTonyChoppa Stereopony Fan

CK is flying with me, so he will have someone with a phone with him when he gets to the con. That way we can point him to your guys hotel room and you can take him from there. When you guys checkout, you guys can let me know so i can meet up with him. So phoneless CK should be okay with the babysitting approach.

8. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Alrighty I am a go! Work Greenlighted Friday Saturday Sunday off that week! I just need help with where to book a hotel/flight and the Otakon registration.

9. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

Cool DSteele! See you there!

That's great @TonyTonyChoppa that you'll be taking care of @crimsonknight4 ... That's definitely one less thing to worry about.

10. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Is there a certain hotel everyone is staying at?

11. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

Any new people looking for hotel/motel? Haha. Trying to spend the least amount of money possible.