1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Section RS

Discussion in 'Members' Creations' started by rsniteblaze, May 6, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

2. rsniteblaze

Wow, I guess I totally forgot about transferring my old topic from the old forum to here. Oh well, I'll do it some other time.

Anyways, I felt bad for not being able to help out around here, and since I had a little bit of free time, I decided to revamp the current VGD logo.

Rest assured, I didn't completely change it. The "VGD" and circle part are exactly the same. The biggest change made were the grid lines on the Stereopony logo and a slight change in positioning. A colored arc was added, which will allow more options for customization, specifically for indicating a band/artist.

• Red was selected for Stereopony because that is the color chosen for the typefaces on the "Hitohira no Hanabira" and "BEST of STEREOPONY" CD artwork.
    • Pink was selected for Draft King because that was the only color the Draft King logo has appeared in so far, besides black (source).
    • Orange was selected as a second choice for AIMI since red was already taken. The color orange was present in the CD artwork for "Tatoeba Utaenakunattara" and "Arigatou," where AIMI performed with an acoustic guitar. Orange is also the color of her cat, which she obtained after Stereopony disbanded. It also has a similar hue to an acoustic guitar.
    • Blue was selected for Very Good Days as a website, simply because it always has been its primary color. Very Good Days's name comes from Stereopony's song "Aozora Very good days!!" which translates to "Blue Sky Very good days!!"

In addition to revamping the brandmark, I also went ahead and revamped the entire VGD signature. The brandmark, logotype, and tagline are all sized and positioned according to a certain formula. It is all mathematically precise, including the coloring. You can read about those details in the link below.

You can check out the revamped logo here (you might want to download it so you can zoom better): http://www.rodericsuarez.com/users/roderic/vgd brand identity.jpg
    And here's the old logo for comparison: http://www.rodericsuarez.com/users/roderic/VGD Logo white.png

What do you guys think? Questions? Comments? Concerns?

I mainly need feedback on the colors chosen for Draft King and AIMI. Is there a better choice for color possibly? Also, how do you feel about the tagline being "International Community"? Also, how do you feel about removing the exclamation point from the site name, because that's the direction I feel like we should move in. I can provide an explanation as to why if anyone is wondering.

But yeah, hope you guys like the new logo. I worked pretty hard getting all the calculations correct.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  3. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

That looks rad! I like the color arcs, they make the logo "pop" a lot more. I really don't have anything bad to say about it. Great idea Rs! Good job!

4. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

can i have a yellow and black one =P

5. rsniteblaze

Guess it's about time I start updating this thread again.

Anyways, I'm making ads for our website.

[​IMG]

It's funny because they look so real without the widget area being visible around it on the website.

6. rsniteblaze

Does anyone play Animal Crossing: New Leaf? I took these screenshots a few months back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Shiba1nu

Shiba1nu Stereopony Fan

Cool the logo in the Animal Crossing game is nice did you draw it yourself? I don't have the 3DS game but i have the Wii one and i messed up trying to draw the logo...

8. rsniteblaze

Yeah, I did. When I found out you could put patterns on furniture, making a Stereopony room was a no-brainer haha.

9. rsniteblaze

I've been working on my graphic design portfolio this quarter since I'm preparing to graduate in June. Some of the things I'm working on are VGD related projects, and I thought that I could give you guys a sneak peek of what I've been working on. I decided that it was about time to finally make new VGD business cards.

[​IMG]

10. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

Looks good . Will be even more awesome if the different sub forum is listed .

11. ButterflySparkle

ButterflySparkle Translator

Wow! That looks awesome! I want! :m003:

12. rsniteblaze

I created a brand new website. It's still under construction, but I already have the page for Very Good Days up. Check it out! http://www.rodericsuarez.com/