1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHIHO General Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft King Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

[​IMG]

Full Name: Yamanoha Shiho (山入端志帆)
    Hometown: Naha, Okinawa
    Birthday: Oct. 18, 1990
    Height: 158 cm

Early Life/Career

Shiho Yamanoha was born in Naha, Okinawa, Japan on October 18, 1990. She was in high school when Aimi, her classmate at the time, asked her to learn how to play drums and join MIXBOX. MIXBOX was comprised of four members: Aimi (vocals and guitar), Saki (guitar), Nohana (bass), and Shiho (drums). It is known that MIXBOX often covered Avril Lavigne songs and that they have at least one original song called "Baby." Later, MIXBOX changed its name to STEREOPONY. Shortly after, Saki left the band, and Aimi, Nohana, and Shiho continued as STEREOPONY and made their debut on 11 November 2008.

Music Career

Shiho was the drummer of STEREOPONY. She originally played piano and learned drums at about sixteen or seventeen. She would often sings back-up vocals with Nohana, though Shiho did it much more often. She always sits when she plays drums, with the guitar and bass in front of her. Her favorite song to perform live is "Blowin' in the Wind"

Song Writing
    Shiho bases her lyrics off things she wants to share with people. Shiho has written lyrics for the songs "Nagareboshi," "Daidai Iro," "Yume," "Sakune," "Blowin' in the wind," and Canvas ni Watashi Dake no Iro wo Nosete." She also contributed in writing the music for "Sweet Blue" with Aimi.

Influences
    Shiho lists Deep Purple (specifically a cover band she saw that played Deep Purple songs), as her first major music influence. She is also influenced by other bands, especially girl rock bands.

2. Destonus

shiho

[​IMG]

Full Name: Yamanoha Shiho (山入端志帆)
    Hometown: Naha, Okinawa
    Birthday: Oct. 18, 1990
    Height: 158 cm
    Blood Type: O

Shiho Yamanoha was born on 18 October 1990 in Naha, Okinawa, Japan. She is the drummer for the all-girl rock band Draft King.

Early Career

Mixbox/Stereopony

Shiho was in high school when Aimi, her classmate at the time, asked her to learn how to play drums and join MIXBOX. MIXBOX was comprised of four members: Aimi (vocals and guitar), Saki (guitar), Nohana (bass), and Shiho (drums). It is known that MIXBOX often covered Avril Lavigne songs and that they have at least one original song called "Baby." Later, MIXBOX changed its name to STEREOPONY. Shortly after, Saki left the band, and Aimi, Nohana, and Shiho continued as STEREOPONY and made their debut on 11 November 2008, playing together until their final live on December 26, 2012.

Draft King

On December 26, 2012, before performing their last live as Stereopony, Shiho, her former Stereopony bandmate Nohana, one-time support guitarist Mao, and newcomers Erica and Hiddy made their debut as Draft King.

Music Career

Song Writing

Shiho bases her lyrics off things she wants to share with people. She, like Nohana, has not been named as the songwriter for any of Draft King's songs.

Influences
    Shiho lists Deep Purple (specifically a cover band she saw that played Deep Purple songs), as her first major music influence. She is also influenced by other bands, especially girl rock bands.

Official Links

Twitter
    Draft King: http://www.twitter.com/DK_shiho
    Stereopony: http://www.twitter.com/Stereo_SHIHO

3. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Re: [MEMBER] shiho

Updated with photo from the official website.

4. Destonus

Re: [MEMBER] shiho

Updated with information from other bios.

5. rsniteblaze

Let's get this thread going too...

I first heard of Stereopony through a friend who showed me the PV for "Tsukiakari no Michishirube." Putting my love-at-first-sight with AIMI aside, here are my thoughts of SHIHO at first.

At first glance, I thought SHIHO was a guy because of the short hair and the fact that she was on drums. Back then I wasn't really much of a music person so I didn't follow any bands like I do now, so the idea of a girl playing drums for a rock band never crossed my mind (heck, an entire rock band consisting of all girls is pretty rare in general).

So, when I found out SHIHO was a girl too, I just thought that Stereopony was the coolest thing ever. An all-girl Japanese rock band...

6. ikariaoshi

ikariaoshi Stereopony Fan

To me, what struck me regarding the band is SHIHO. In fact, though I find AIMI beautiful if not cute and also great musician with NOHANA being a good bass player, still, it is SHIHO that I first saw and always watches with how she plays her drums. I was amazed with her as we have here a young woman playing badass drums in a world where men heavily and regularly dominates such scenes. As a result, she inspired me to at least start playing and learning drums during my free time (which is rare). Well, what can I say, that woman is a great player!

And I do hope that a time will come that the three women will once more create and play great music together, even if for a brief time.

7. leo_harrison

leo_harrison Stereopony Fan

you're not alone (:) i thought shiho was a guy too (:)

8. Destonus

This is true, most girl drummers in bands I've been introduced to (Negoto, SCANDAL, Silent Siren, FLiP), have really long hair or neck length hair, Shiho's is much shorter and very boyish. In fact, the drummer from SHISHAMO reminds me of Shiho!

I wish that the three would get back together even briefly for a reunion concert, but in the meantime you can make due with wannasalad and I's trip down Memory Lane as we eventually make it completely through Stereopony's entire discography! Except we're on hiatus again...can we at least get the last LookBack before she went on hiatus up?

9. rsniteblaze

Sorry, Destonus. It was published but I didn't realize it wasn't displaying on the homepage, but it's there now: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.verygooddays.com/12084/lookback-stereopony-music-vol-11/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.verygooddays.com/12084/lookba ... ic-vol-11/</a>

You need to mark the category "LookBack" for it to appear on the page or else it won't show.

Anyways, back on topic...

Well, since I mentioned Shiho's hair in my last post... Have you guys noticed how long it has gotten now compared to before?

10. leo_harrison

leo_harrison Stereopony Fan

yes i did (:) she looks pretty with her new hairstyle (:) i hope she will not change it.

11. guild15

guild15 Stereopony Fan

:m003: Ahhh she's so beautiful :m201: Her face is sculpted from beauty cloud of the gods!! :m215: And her hairstyles are on point. :m001:

12. guild15

guild15 Stereopony Fan

13. guild15

guild15 Stereopony Fan

14. guild15

guild15 Stereopony Fan

15. guild15

guild15 Stereopony Fan