1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHISHAMO General Discussion

Discussion in 'SHISHAMO' started by dereko92, Feb 27, 2014.

1. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

[​IMG]
    SHISHAMO
    is a three-member Japanese indie girl rock band. The group formed in 2010, when they were freshmen at 川崎総合科学高等学校 (Kawasaki City High School for Science and Technology), and consisted of childhood friends MIYAZAKI Asako and MATSUMOTO Aya, along with two male classmates. They originally wrote their name in kanji as 柳葉魚. However, later that year the other two classmates left and YOSHIKAWA Misaki joined, forming their current line-up. In 2012 they competed in TEENS ROCK IN HITACHINAKA 2012 and won an award of excellence and best vocalist. Later that year they switched to writing their name in roman letters, and released their first single, 宿題が終わらない [shukudai ga owaranai], which reached 7th on the Oricon Indies sales chart.

Members
    • Miyazaki Asako – Vocals, guitar
    • Matsuoka Aya- Bass (2014-)
    • Yoshikawa Misaki – Drums
    Former Members

• MATSUMOTO Aya - Bass (2010-2014)

Discography
    Studio Albums
    • [2013.11.13] SHISHAMO
    • [2013.09.04] Sotsugyo Seisaku
    Singles
    • [2014.07.02] Kimi to Natsu Festival
    • [2014.10.01] Ryousangata Kareshi

External Links
    Very Good Days SHISHAMO

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Here are the 3 PV's from their album, I highly recommend them!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
  3. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Not bad! I'll have to check these girls out!

4. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Oh wow, I was about to link them on your Facebook - I had a feeling you would be interested in them :D

5. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

Promotional video for their new single!

dereko92 likes this.
  6. Destonus

Great! I still have to get their album. Why'd Masako change her hair, I don't recognize her without the braids.

7. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Her voice really sounds like Aiko in this song :D

8. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

They released the full video, I really like the song, pretty upbeat

9. Destonus

I still need to get their album! Plan now is to order it along with FLiP's new single.

10. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

This band is awesome,「僕に彼女ができたんだ」is like crack to me right now, cant stop listening. This band is seriously going places

11. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Yes!! Another fan!!
    I highly recommend getting their albums, there's plenty of great songs on there

12. Destonus

Finally bit the bullet and ordered their two albums! Need to save up points for when DK or Aimi or AIU releases something...

13. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

Is their first album good? I have the 2nd and I think it's great

14. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

I like this one too haha.

I mentioned it in chat earlier but they seem like a mix between Stereopony and Chatmonchy. I might join the bandwagon too.

15. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

already listening LOLOLOLOL

16. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

SHISHAMO's bass player Matsumoto Aya is leaving SHISHAMO and being replaced with Matsuoka Aya. Matsumoto's exit has been a long time coming apparently as she said when they first formed the band she would only play until she became 20years old. There goes my favorite member T_T.

They announced it in a YouTube post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZX9IC2GwqE

17. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Man...she was my favourite too. Let's hope Aya v2 is as good as Aya

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  18. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

sad =(

19. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

That's a shame did the vid say specifically why or just say she wanted to leave at 20???

On the bright side they have a new single out soon!

20. Destonus

Weird that they replaced one Aya with another. @dereko92 , @crimsonkinght4, could you guys elaborate on why she was your favorite? Her personality,looks, bass playing?

On the one hand, the girls knew this would happen, and could prepare accordingly, and although it's not as bad as say, Asako leaving, it's still a loss. Do we know which Aya will be on their new single?