1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHISHAMO General Discussion

Discussion in 'SHISHAMO' started by dereko92, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

they want you to go longer

2. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

wooooo hoooooooo, new shishamo stuff!!! I love the way they put it on the google play store as soon as it is released, makes things so much easier

3. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

SHISHAMO revealed the music video for their new single being released on August 5th
    Titled "Sweltering Night [Nettaiya]" the video depicts the three girls' way of spending a sweltering night!

4. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

I'll write up a post very soon

5. GOODLUCK1992

GOODLUCK1992 Stereopony Fan

HELLO fellow shishamo fans, I see we've got the latest PV! I really liked it, it was a cool change from their usual pvs

6. crimsonknight4

Haha I was actually about to post a similar comment! This new song is what I consider to be their first "adult-like" song. Their lyrics up until now have been pretty bright and playful but tis song represents a departure from that pattern. It really shows the possibilities for this band in the future. And while I do love their playful lyrics, this shows me that they are capable of different styles with equal success.

Ill try and translate the lyrics within 3 days

GOODLUCK1992 likes this.
  7. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

My main complaint with their first 2 albums is most of their songs sound very similar, but I definitely feel they are improving over time and really making different sounds with each song, I'm really looking forward to seeing the translation to it now :p

8. crimsonknight4

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  9. GOODLUCK1992

I AM EXCITED!!!!!! ;)

10. crimsonknight4

11. GOODLUCK1992

Does anyone know why SHISHAMO's official youtube blocked off their MVs from the USA? I keep getting "It is not available in your country."

12. crimsonknight4

As far as I know it has something to do with a dispute (or "new service") with YouTube, most (official) Japanese content has become unviewable overseas. I forgot the details but I'm sure you can find something online about it, started 1-3 months back. I was hoping it would get fixed quickly, I guess not

13. Teasel

Teasel New Stereopony Fan

So, the new single「君とゲレンデis out today! The taster video they've released sounds good... but it seems I'll have to wait for my CD to arrive to hear the whole song! (Though maybe I already heard it at their concert in Osaka without realising!)

How do I go about adding the lyrics (and my sad attempt at translation - corrections most welcome!) to this website? I'm also hoping to do a subbed version... just as soon as Shishamo release a full-length video.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Senak likes this.
  14. crimsonknight4

Hmmm Ill see if I cant do it soon. The translation is actually really good, good job!
    Thanks for the contribution!

15. Teasel

Thanks CK! :)

Well, Shishamo don't seem to have released a full-length video along with the single, so for the timebeing I've subbed the shorter, live version and uploaded it to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlKcXW97FI I hope they don't mind!

16. crimsonknight4

OK I put it up and edited several things so enjoy!
    http://en.verygooddays.com/shishamo/lyrics/kimi-to-gerende/

Thank you to @Teasel for his own translation! (which served as the basis for mine!)

It is possibly one of SHISHAMO's best songs lyrics-wise.
    But there was an unfortunate lack of promotion for this single, and not even a full MV was released. Any thoughts on why that was?

17. Teasel

Yeah, it's surprising that the single wasn't pushed harder, especially on the back of a 16 concert nationwide tour including the Budokan! It deserved more chart success than it achieved.

The song has plenty of Shishamo's trademark "creative differences" between their lead singer, who yearns to sing sweetly of highschool romance, and their guitarist, who just wants to turn it up to 11 and shred. This time around, as with 「僕、実は」, Asako's Hyde side gets the upper hand... Misaki even lets her do a solo! (In contrast, the B-side 「女ごころ」positively drips with zutto's, kitto's and honto's, with nary a riff to be found!) The band is filling tour venues, and selling more and more albums with each release. Yet single sales remain poor, with chart success evaporating. One can't help but blame the promoters!

18. crimsonknight4

Haha I agree, I love "Onnagokoro" too. It's another song that amazingly showcases the lead signer's voice.
    According to this tweet: https://twitter.com/SHISHAMO_BAND/status/674860940819492864
    They actually finished filming a PV for "Kimi to Gerende". Its quite curious filming an MV for a single that's already released. Maybe they wanted the release to be closer to the start of December and didn't have time to film the MV?
    Anyways, no details on the release of the MV but it should be soon...

19. Teasel

The full-length video has finally been released... nearly a month after the single! I've put a subbed version up on YouTube.

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  20. crimsonknight4