1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live StageAce - "Mayonaka Merry-Go-Round" and "Abracadabra"

Discussion in 'Draft King Videos' started by rsniteblaze, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

If you follow Draft King on Facebook you should have seen them post links to two videos of them performing at eggman.

真夜中メリーゴーランド
    http://stageace.jp/movie/354

アブラカタブラ
    http://stageace.jp/movie/355

Fortunately, they are viewable outside of Japan but seem to only work on iPhones and other iOS mobile devices and Androids. Be warned though that after you watch one video from that site, the rest of the videos only show a 30 second clip. That means if you want to watch both, you will have to use different browser apps or use another device. Private browsing or clearing your cookies and cache might help but I haven't confirmed it yet.

Anyways, to those of you who have already watched the videos, what do you guys think? This is most people's first taste of Draft King so how do you like what you see so far?

In my opinion, the first song has more of a Stereopony feel than the second one, which makes me think NOHANA was the one who possibly wrote the music and lyrics. It seems a lot like "Mousou Jet" and "Dreamin'" in some parts of the song. Also, it's pretty clear that Erica has a lower pitch than AIMI.

So, let's hear it...

EDIT: StageAce has unlocked their website. Both these videos are now viewable by anyone.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  2. wannasalad

wannasalad Dedicated Stereopony Fan

So, I chose the first link to watch and it's evident Mao, Shiho, and Nohana are amazing in it. Probably 'cause they're skilled, seasoned musicians. I also liked Erica's vocals, and the way it goes well with Hiddy as a background singer. Erica seems to have found her own style, but it's not clear to me how the band as a whole fits in it. So I expect to hear more from her and see more of Hiddy.

All in all, good song. 8/10. Totally recommend. :m148:

3. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Okay your majesty, I tried to view these on my tablet but no luck. What little my browser translated on my laptop said something about a monthly fee to use the service but some videos are free.

Considering that I can't read Japanese, I'm not sure if I have to register to use the site (which has a monthly fee), but both links as far as I could tell led me to some kind of registration.

I know you're excited about Draft King's one man, but please be clearer with instructions for the Japanese-impaired...it leads to fewer decapitated concubines.

4. wannasalad

wannasalad Dedicated Stereopony Fan

yo Des :) do you have an iPod or iPhone? I think the videos work better on those.

5. rsniteblaze

Hmm I guess it really only does work for iPhones iPod touches and iPads. Everyone was able to view it without the app for those devices.

6. nikid

nikid Global Moderator

Unfortunately I cant watch it, no iPhones, iPods, iPads., inothing =P lol

7. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Both my tablets are Samsungs, but I can watch on my Mom's Ipad.

Very different sound than Stereopony or other bands I'm familiar with. If this is an inkling of what we can expect from Draft King, they finally have my support.

Now we've got to wait on Aimi, who I have no clue where or what she's up to.

8. rsniteblaze

Just so that everyone knows, these two videos are different from the ones on Draft King's YouTube channel.

Right now, this is the only place where you can hear "Mayonaka Merry-Go-Round" in its entirety since it's cut short on YouTube for some odd reason.

9. rsniteblaze

Just wanted to point out that you can view these videos from your desktop computer now. It seems that StageAce has opened their website to everyone.

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  10. Rafayui

Rafayui Dedicated Stereopony Fan

finally i can see it...nice , nohana look cute too

11. rsniteblaze

Alright, soooo it seems like StageAce deleted these videos now... I hope you guys downloaded them while you had the chance.

Locked.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.