1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Translated Stereopony - Exclusive Interview

Discussion in 'Stereopony Interviews' started by Arcluna, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Transcript of Exclusive Interview from Crunchyrolltv

How did you all meet, and how did you decide to form a band together?

Aimi: Nohana and I met at a music studio in Okinawa. Shiho and I were classmates in school, and I asked her to play the drums even before we became friends.

As an all-female band, what were some of the challenges you faced debuting? Any advice for other aspiring all female bands who want to debut?

Aimi: Hmmm...I don't think so.

Stereopony: Perhaps people look at us a certain way, because we're all girls, but we don't care at all.

Aimi: It takes us some time to finish the make-ups. (laughs) I don't think it's not so necessary to differentiate between boys and girls, and actually being all girls is a privilege and you should feel lucky. Some people don't expect that [an] all girls band could do certain things. So don't fear and try your best!

Who is one person you are truly thankful for?

Aimi: We call him "Nini" and he brought us together at the studio in Okinawa. He encouraged us in so many ways, and as Stereopony, we can't thank him enough.

Which American artist, if any, would you be interested in working with on a song or album?

Nohana: It's not like I want to work together, but I would like to see Lady Gaga live at least once!

Shiho: That's tough...it's too much to even think about.

Aimi: I've seen Medina Lake live in Japan, and I thought about how great it would be to work with them.

Shiho: It's really tough... Really any band would be great. Perhaps artists that are in our age. [I think she means artists that are the same age as them.]

What is the favorite song you have done for an anime? And what is your favorite anime?

Aimi: I like all of them, but but I have a strong feeling for Hitohira no Hanabira because we've been performing this song since even before our debut.

Shiho: Dragon Ball.

Aimi: I think Letter Bee is cute, and Evangelion is really cool.

Nohana: I wanted to become like Sailor Moon, and I was tempted to grow my hair all the way to the ground.