1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereopony on Google Trend Analysis

Discussion in 'Stereopony Discussion' started by Sorrawut, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Sorrawut

Sorrawut Stereopony Fan

Hi, I've found some interesting information. Stereopony on Google Trend.

Google Trend is a tool to check trend of keywords that people used to search. It's display in timeline graph and the y axis is frequency rating of the word overtime.

I try to map each peaks on the graph to important events according to Collaborative Stereopony Timeline of rsniteblaze.
    http://forum.verygooddays.com/threads/collaborative-stereopony-timeline.266/

I also add words "scandal band" for comparison.

[​IMG]
    Original : http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=stereopony, scandal band&cmpt=q

This is the list of events i've plotted into the graph.
    2008-09-01 : Stereopony Debut Single "Hitohira no Hanabira" Announced as Ending Theme for Anime Bleach
    2009-02-11 : Second Single Release - Namida no Mukou; Peaks at #2 on Oricon Chart
    2009-06-17 : FIRST ALBUM RELEASE - HYDRANGEA GA SAITEIRU
    2009-08-19 : Fourth Single Release - Smilife
    2009-11-04 : Fifth Single Release - Tsukiakari no Michishirube
    2010-02-17 : Sixth Single Release - Hanbunko
    2010-05-12 : Seventh Single Release - OVER DRIVE
    2010-06-09 : SECOND ALBUM RELEASE - OVER THE BORDER
    2010-07-23 : SHIHO DIAGNOSED WITH TENDONITIS
    2010-12-08 : Eighth Single Release - Chiisana Mahou
    2011-03-25 : Stereopony's Song "Arigatou" Announced as Theme for Film Tengoku Kara no Yell
    2011-04-22 - 2011-04-24 : Third USA Appearance at Anime Boston 2011 in Boston, MA
    2011-04-23 : Concert at Anime Boston 2011
    2011-08-10 : Ninth Single Release - Tatoeba Utaenakunattara;
    2011-12-07 : THIRD ALBUM RELEASE - MORE! MORE!! MORE!!!
    2012-02-01 : Second DVD Release - STEREOPONY to Moshimasu -Seijin Hen-
    April 2012 : Sakura-Con 2012 and Other Live Tours

2012-??-?? : AIMI Undergoes Throat Surgery
    2012-10-02 : STEREOPONY DISBANDMENT ANNOUNCED
    2012-11-21 : BEST ALBUM RELEASE BEST of STEREOPONY
    2012-12-27 : Stereopony Final Live BEST of STEREOPONY
    2013-02-27 : Fourth DVD Release - Stereopony Final Live BEST of STEREOPONY

Total Reported Sales From Oricon go on the same way.
    (I collect them from http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Stereopony)

Single #1 - Hitohira no Hanabira - 12,471

Single #2 - Namida no Mukou - 60,096
    Single #3 - I do it - 9,603
    Album #1 - HYDRANGEA GA SAITEIRU - 22,879
    Single #4 - Smilife - 7,783
    Single #5 - Tsukiakari no Michishirube - 25,274

Single #6
    - Hanbunko - 6,623
    Single #7 - OVER DRIVE - 5,468
    Album #2 - OVER THE BORDER - 12,471
    Single #8 - Chiisa na Mahou - 7,388

Single #9 - Tatoeba Utaenakunattara - x,xxx
    Single #10 - Arigatou - 3,164
    Album #3 - MORE! MORE!! MORE!!! - 4,692

Single #11 - stand by me - 4,449
    Single #12 - EVANPONY : Just rock with me - 1,084 (So badddd)

It's seem like the trend grew up every time that STEREOPONY release new single or album. But only 3 albums at the beginning can bring them over the top. The rest is only maintain in saturated state. I think they have problem on attracting new peoples from highly competitive market in Japan. so they plan concert tour in USA to bring their music to new market but it have no effect. I think this is a reason that they collaborate with Evan Taubenfeld and try to adjust their style for western market. But it not work....

......Sorry for my bad english :p

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. Sorrawut

Sorrawut Stereopony Fan

Some good news!!.

Daily Views of Hitohita No Hanabira still keep growing and growing. Currently more than 10,000 views a day.

If it's continue going like this. I think a lot of new STEREOPONY late fans like me are coming and STEREOPONY may come back too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  3. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

I think a lot of it has to do with the commercialization of Stereopony, you picked the perfect counter-example, SCANDAL who have relied on said commercialization as opposed to Stereopony (in my opinion) who let their music talk for them. The trend is really sad because (once again in my opinion) they were getting better. In my opinion its the lyrics that separate Stereopony and it be hard for that to be the selling point overseas. For the few hundredth time I think I've said this but I think everyone should give up on Stereopony getting back together, at best Stereopony gets more popular now and then more attention goes to Draft King and AIMI-solo and they have some kind of joint commemoration live... The end :)

4. Sorrawut

Sorrawut Stereopony Fan

I don't really understand why AIMI want to be a solo singer. What are benefits over doing as AIMI in STEREOPONY band ?
    And also, What are benefits for Draft King to play without AIMI ?

5. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Maybe it wasn't AIMI, we don't know anything about why Stereopony broke up. Honestly I look at it this way, now we get to acts to cheer for. I like the direction Draft King is headed and I think everyone is really waiting for AIMI to make her next move, to be frank how different will her solo career be different from Stereopony? It'll probably be VERY similar. But for DK and AIMI to get popular they need to really release something. I mean there are people at this point who are like: "What are the former members of Stereopony doing now?" and have never heard of Draft King, AIMI's solo career, or AiU.

Sorrawut likes this.