1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Good Days Collaboration Projects

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by rsniteblaze, Jul 11, 2014.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Current Topic: AIMI's, NOHANA's, and SHIHO's Birthdays

In the past Very Good Days has done several collaboration projects for the Stereopony members' birthdays. However, due to the disbandment of Stereopony and inactivity of AIMI and Draft King throughout 2013, the community has struggled to continue this tradition. The last project the community made was for AIMI's 23rd Birthday last year. Unfortunately, we failed to complete anything for NOHANA's and SHIHO's birthdays that year.

This thread was created to be better organized for this year, so that we can accomplish our goals.

There are four goals for this thread:
    1. Keep a list of dates for each special day and a deadline for each project to be completed
    2. Brainstorm ideas for projects and decide which one to do for each day
    3. Discuss how the project will be done and other logistics
    4. Keep a record of all the ideas suggested, which could be used for future projects

AIMI's Birthday
    Date: 2014-09-04
    Deadline: 2014-08-19

http://en.verygooddays.com/13611/video-project-for-aimis-24th-birthday/

NOHANA's Birthday
    Date: 2014-09-16
    Deadline: 2014-09-02

SHIHO's Birthday
    Date: 2014-10-18
    Deadline: 2014-10-04

Stereopony Debut Anniversary
    Date: 2014-11-05
    Deadline: 2014-10-22

Stereopony Final Live Anniversary
    Date: 2014-12-27
    Deadline: 2014-12-13

Draft King's Anniversary
    Date: 2015-01-19
    Deadline: 2015-01-05

hiddy's Birthday
    Date: 2015-05-20
    Deadline: 2015-05-06

erica's Birthday
    Date: 2015-06-18
    Deadline: 2015-06-04

MAO's Birthday
    Date: 2015-07-11
    Deadline: 2015-06-27

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Here's my basic gift ideas

AIMI - Something related to Cats (duh)
    NOHANA - Giraffe plushy? A custom made one with her name?
    SHIHO - Something to do with Beer? Haha

3. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

What about some personalized drumsticks for Shiho, we could get some cool designs on it and at the very bottom of them have the VGD logo?

leo_harrison likes this.
  4. leo_harrison

leo_harrison Stereopony Fan

good idea senak! how about if we write our names? (:)

Senak likes this.
  5. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

for aimi we could also send some kind of zombie thing as a nod to AiU
    for nohana I know she loves matcha green tea and amuro namie. That giraffe idea is awesome,
    also for shiho the drumsticks are an awesome idea, but rather than the VGD logo or whatever we could put her favorite beer's logo so it'll have the two things she loves beer and drums

6. rsniteblaze

Keep in mind that we don't exactly have fan mail addresses either. We might have to do an electronic thing and send it over Twitter like what we did for AIMI's birthday last year.

I was also thinking that we should do something similar for each of them. Be equal. So, if we make a video for AIMI, then we should make videos for NOHANA and SHIHO too. What we do for the videos could be different for each.

7. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

well seeing as we can't really physically send something AIMI yet, our best bet is to shoot for a video. I think what we did last year would be still be good, especially with the time constraints

8. rsniteblaze

If we do the video, I really want to shoot for a 10 minute video if possible. In case you don't remember from last year, this was the inspiration for the video:

Also, since I have Adobe After Effects now I can work on AIMI's or NOHANA's video, while Derek works on the other one (assuming he wants to do it again this year).

9. leo_harrison

i really want to do something for aimi, because she's my god. there was nothing for me before i know her. but i don't know what to do...

10. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

A crazy idea building from RS' idea of doing something related to AiU

What if we have a video where everyone is headbanging to Party of the Dead?
    Maybe put it after the birthday messages?

11. rsniteblaze

We can include people trying to sing or play it too lol.

12. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

I think we should have some people playing it in public and head banging ww

I might if I can get a friend to do it with me www

13. rsniteblaze

So are we good with the idea for the AIMI video? Everyone submits the following:
    • 15 seconds or less video message in any language
    • English transcript to be translated into Japanese for subtitles
    • 2 minute video rocking out to "Party of the Dead" from headbanging to screaming it to playing guitar to it... whatever crazy thing

Perhaps romaji song lyrics will be necessary:

Now we need video ideas for NOHANA and SHIHO...

It might be because I just finished rewatching Death Note, but I think it would be cool if we used this MAXIMUM THE HORMONE song as the background track for SHIHO's video.

Maybe we can do something stupid like raise a can of Red Bull in the air and yell "Happy Birthday, SHIHO-sama!!!" (shoutout to @bigOeyez lol) and proceed to chug the Red Bull. We can be creative with what we do as we chug our Red Bull. And once all the clips of people chugging the Red Bull are shown, we can show some clips at the end of people finishing it and going "ahhh" or struggling to finish it. If for whatever reason Red Bull is not sold in someone's country, then they can print a picture of a Red Bull and hold it up when they say Happy Birthday to SHIHO.

...Yeah, that's me trying to come up with ideas at nearly 3am in the morning haha.

As for NOHANA... the giraffe idea sounds interesting. Maybe we can all draw a picture of a giraffe for her.

14. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

me no make video =X

15. TonyTonyChoppa

TonyTonyChoppa Stereopony Fan

Exaita, me no make video too =X

Shiho told me that she really wants to go to Las Vegas. Although all of us chipping in to pay for a Vegas trip for her birthday would be nice, I don't see it happening. But maybe we could do a Vegas theme video for her birthday. We could always force RS to go to Vegas to film for us. It's only a 5 hour drive for him. :cool:

That's my only idea... :(

Exaita likes this.
  16. leo_harrison

maybe i can cover "party of the dead"

17. rsniteblaze

It is NOT a 5 hour drive... It's longer than that.

18. TonyTonyChoppa

I just checked, it like 240 miles from Pomona to Vegas. That's like 3.5 to 4 hours. :D So you could definitely do some filming for us...

19. rsniteblaze

I don't live in Pomona anymore.

20. TonyTonyChoppa

Either way, Shiho is worth any amount of driving. :)