1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AIMI General Discussion

Discussion in 'AIMI Discussion' started by Destonus, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Sorrawut

Sorrawut Stereopony Fan

Hi ,

I've tried to read AIMI name in Japanese.

原国 愛海 => Haraguni Aimi

I've searched for each words. and got some spelling and meaning below.

原 => Hara (mean meadow, plain, field)
    国 => guni (mean country,nation or chinese surname 'Guo')

海 => umi (mean sea,ocean)

But the word '愛' which mean love. It's spell like 'まな' (mana).

How they spell 'Ai' for Aimi ?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. pony4me

pony4me Stereopony Fan

ありがとう。

3. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

Was AIMI's real name ever confirmed?
    "Ai" is the Chinese reading for 愛
    but then its combined with "umi" the Japanese reading for 海
    So kinda like 愛+海 = Ai + (u)mi
    Im not too familiar with the name so I cant say for sure, maybe its one of those querky names that the parents assign the kanji and then a non-conventional reading

4. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

5. crimsonknight4

sorry bout that RS didn't see that request
    I don't think its acoustic, I think its upbeat electric guitar

Anyways I think we'll see some AIMI solo activity very soon
    and I have a new theory:
    Arai said they didn't have plans to release anything on those radio interviews and then subsequently revealed the two CDs. So my guess is the proceeds for those CDs will go to AIMI's solo activities cuz Arai doesn't need em, he's got Aoi Eir as his piggybank. Also even though it was Arai's idea 1979 Factory took them under their wing so I think we'll see solo activity immediately after their one man and CD release.

6. rsniteblaze

I thought Arai said they "currently" didn't have plans for a release, implying that they would work on it after their first lives.

I agree, we'll probably see more AIMI solo stuff in 2015, but I wouldn't be surprised if AIU makes a return if their CDs sell well. They did have enough songs for a full one man live, and I wouldn't be surprised if Arai has even more songs ready and waiting to be recorded.

7. crimsonknight4

yea that's right but even so that's a quick change of heart lol
    Yeah cuz I don't know who but someone has $$ eyes over at 1979 Factory for AiU

8. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Yeh, everytime I see Arai with Eir on tour/lives it makes me a little anxious. Doesn't seem like AiU is his main priority atm, but who knows.

9. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

It seems strange to me that he'd be touring as a guitarist supporting someone else instead of focusing on his own stuff, is there a reason why?

10. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Well he has been in Aoi's band since she started (I'm pretty sure) and he might be under a contract with that label. Or more simply, $$$. I just hope he doesn't just leave AIMI hanging after the double-release and Live.

11. crimsonknight4

Alright I figure I should make this post before stuff starts going down, it kind of already has but here we go.
    AIMI…

I am predicting her first release to be announced close to or shortly after the release of AiU’s album.
    There was no album announcement oddly enough, just videos on youtube to let fans know it’s on the way.
    As I said no date, title, or specifics officially announced however details have been put up in retailers such as CDJapan and Tower Records Online. The album is titled “Even if I become a Zombie, I’ll never forget them, these memories” which immediately begs the question as to whether this will be AiU’s last release/end of activities. This question is answered by the product description on CDJapan:

CDJapan Product Description
    After about half a year ”ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND” is finally releasing their long awaited new album! And this release is (somehow!)!Their debut album is also their last album?! The mysterious band ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND, was formed by Arai Hiroki (ex.serial TV drama) and AIMI (ex. Stereopony). AIMI, the guitar/vocals for the girls band Stereopony which disbanded in 2012 also restarted solo activities in April of this year and Arai Hiroki, leader of the rock band ”serial TV drama” which disbanded in 2012 and currently active as a producer for artists such as Aoi Eir and kylee, and a guitarist for works and lives of arists such as Ishizaki Hyuui and Fujiki Noaohito. Their formation was announced in May of last year and their first live in August, titled [Episode1: Infection] sold out the same day. The mysterious band ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND is finally releasing their long awaited album “Even if I become a Zombie, I’ll never forget them, these memories”! At the end of last year they released 2 singles calling them a “Christmas gift from the zombies”. And After about half a year ”ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND” is finally releasing their long awaited new album! And this release is (somehow!)!Their debut album is also their last album?! Songs such as the band’s representative song “PARTY OF THE DEAD”, the fusion of metal・cuteness・pop ”Two Dimensional Romance a GOGO!!” and also the last song announced at a live ”My Fright Number 00” are recorded in this album. The eerie band ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND wants their dying message to be received by everyone this summer. A unknown world is definetly waiting for you there..OFFICIAL WEBSITEhttp://www.aliceinunderground.com

1 Bizarre-seeking woman / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    2 I don’t wanna die / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    3 Love・Zombie / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    4 PARTY OF THE DEAD / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    5 Exercise Meet of the Zombies / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    6 Two Dimensional Romance A GOGO!! / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    7 The Pandemic that Infects you / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    8 Mass Assimilation by Encirclement / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    9 Humanity has come / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    10 ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND
    11 My Fright Number 00 / ALiCE IN UNDERGROUND

While it is not official…It kinda is. Lol

Before AIMI went missing again her song “Under the Starry Sky” was used as the theme song for a play so she has SOMETHING recorded. My guess is that they’ll either release that song or it will be coupled. But I definitely think there was an unplanned hitch since it seemed like AIMI’s solo activities were picking up steam only to disappear into nothing. The album description also makes the Freudian slip of mentioning “she re-started activities in April of this year”.
    Her absence from social media was broken after her May 24 tweet stating that she’ll “resume tweeting now”; its good to see she acknowledges her absence. 2 days later, and this is what I consider the biggest piece of evidence for an AIMI solo comeback, a picture with the tweet that she did “a certain shoot”. The picture is of hydrangeas and considering this was the former Stereopony fansite I don’t think I need to mention the significance of hydrangeas. For those of you who are Naruto fans its kinda like a “The lotus of Konoha will bloom twice” moment :)

Photoshoot Tweet: https://twitter.com/AIMI_0904/status/603098823766876160

As far as this photo (or video) shoot (the Japanese word for it is ambiguous but usually means photoshoot), it may have been that interesting video recently released by AiU but I doubt it. It was probably not a photo shoot for AiU considering Arai was busy Touring with Aoi Eir at the time. That only leaves pictures for AIMI’s solo activities and considering she already has an artist picture, that can only mean one thing (to me): RELEASE! I doubt it will be mentioned before the release of AiU’s album since that would detract from AiU’s release considering everyone is more interested in AIMI’s solo activities, so this release will most likely be used to generate buzz for AIMI and the announcement will be made post-AIU release.

The recent AiU video with AIMI reciting “PARTY OF THE DEAD” surely fits this theory, because we now know. “Seeing AIMI’s face = Good things to follow”

Senak likes this.
  12. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique Dedicated Stereopony Fan

Well, my interpretation of the tweet it's kinda simple (and boring)
    she was shooting/filming for AiU and saw the hydrangeas...
    the last video seems like she was in a garden...

and even if Arai was far away on the date, well, the video only shows AIMI, so maybe he only participate on post shooting stuff...
    or they set a different date for him to do his shooting...
    and both cd japan e tower records sets the release date of the album to 22th of july... (like a month late birthday present to me :m060:)

with that, I saddly don't think that AIMI will release something solo in the near future...:(

13. rsniteblaze

Wow, nice detective work. Not too sure how to feel about all this, but it's an AIMI update, sooo... I hope we find out what she's planning on doing soon.

But if AIU is ending, then doesn't that mean AIMI will be a solo artist again and would probably want to release whatever she has recorded soon right after? There's already momentum from an AIU album release, so it doesn't make sense for her to have to wait. If anything, she might set a release date for November or December, which is enough time to promote it after July.

14. dso

dso Stereopony Fan

Interesting! Can't believe I hadn't seen those videos, they didn't tweet them yet >_<
    She looks very cute! love the hair :) Kind of sad about the last release but yet again I never even expected any physical release (even less 3 of them) so I'm quite excited about the album.

I really hope AIMI has something for her in the future, DK seems to be doing well so hopefully she can get a similar agency deal... She does seem a bit sad in the video though :( Not similar to anything AiU has done before either.

Thanks for the info!

15. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique Dedicated Stereopony Fan

@RS, I didn't say that I think AiU is ending
    I really don't know what is going on in the future...
    Maybe it will become AIMI main project, or a side project that she will do from time to time...

I really want her to became more active in the music industry, doesn't really matter for me if she will be a solo artist or in a group/band...
    I just miss her, and her voice :m002:

16. dso

dso Stereopony Fan

Forgot to say, if AiU really ends... I'm gonna miss Arai a lot, I love what he did with Sutepo in the last album and then with AiU, he is such a great producer and guitarist (atleast for my taste!).

Also just noticed DK single and AiU album release the same day... haha, awkward

17. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

Whatever Aimi do, i will follow ~<3 Aimi 4ever and ever ~

18. rsniteblaze

Man, I can't keep up with this at all. This info deserves attention on the website, but I'm swamped with just the Draft King Otakon stuff.

@dso wanna come out of retirement and help us out? lol.

19. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

I might get hated for this, but I for one am glad that it might be the last AiU release. Arai is just way too busy with his other gigs to really have AiU as his focus. This could also mean Aimi can go back to her solo ways (I hope). I still don't know why Aimi doesn't just release her songs independently like on a Soundcloud or something. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

20. dso

dso Stereopony Fan