1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Politics Discussion

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by crimsonknight4, Sep 21, 2013.

1. lateralus

lateralus Stereopony Fan

crimsonknight4 likes this.
  2. lateralus

lateralus Stereopony Fan

The Future President Of Indonesia Is A Metal Head?

As a boy growing up, Joko apparently was a massive fan of Megadeth, Metallica, Napalm Death and to this day continues to listen to bands such as Lamb Of God. Awesome! This could in fact be the coolest president ever!

http://allaxess.com/news/future-president-indonesia-metal-head/

3. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

So I'm pretty sure everyone has heard about MH17 going down.

What do you guys think? Was it shot down by rebel forces (who have shot down planes very recently)? Or was it just a malfunction

4. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

It was obvious shot down, as for who did it, I think the people that were acting super guilty answered that question. And now what I hate is that everyone has forgotten about it. No one is even bothering holding someone responsible for it. Now we have ISIS in the Iraq and Syria... Americans that say "Why should we get involved?" this is why dumbasses. Pardon the language but all these situations evolve out of something and no one does anything about it. And I keep using this example but it really is perfect: "Hitler's annexation of Poland", let's do something this time please. Someone is funding ISIS, that's all I'm going to say. And China continues to grow more aggressive. We just need one international incident and then...we finish that trilogy.

5. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

Ian Paisley just died, a man who was at the very centre of politics in Northern Ireland for years. Also a man who was hated by the entire Republic of Ireland, I wonder what the effect of him dying and the Scottish vote for independence will have on the north.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0912/643274-paisley-quotes If you're interested why the Republic hates him just read some of these quotes, just a note they are very biased against him.

6. crimsonknight4

Alright, this one is for the Americans here. Many people aren't politically aware, least of all politically active. It is important that "we, the people" take back the reigns of power in our country, cuz guess what? We don't live in a democracy anymore, we live in an oligarchy. These two videos are from comedy shows, unfortunately the most coherent political thought no longer comes from our politicians or even the media.

First of all a bit from a show on Comedy Central called Key and Peele. It basically summarizes the electoral college system. It is meant to be funny but I guarantee you this is the most accurate description of the electoral college you will hear. The original got taken down for god knows what reason so the quality is bad. Just bear with it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xt5VpSy6Xk

Next is Jon Stewart. Yeah you can call me liberal or whatever but the man just makes sense. Honestly I trust this Comedy Central show for news more than I do the actual news. This segment is dealing with the Koch Brothers, if you have never heard of them: 1. You are seriously out of the political loop (which is not meant as an insult most people don't know who they are, and that's the point) 2. They show how our country is an oligarchy. If you're interested look at our country's congressional re-election campaigns. There is widespread "institutionalized corruption"(just coined that term).

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/avy6xw/democalypse-2014---south-by-south-mess--ad-of-brothers

7. Sorrawut

Sorrawut Stereopony Fan

Political Problem in Thailand do not come from Monarchy. It's come from corruption of Yingluk Governments.

They create corruption project that spend a lot of money to people to keep their votes.
    And then They create another mega project to share benefits among their companions.
    The money for mega project will come from international borrowing and it's take 50 years to pay back.

One of their project did damaged the country badly. They pawn rice from farmers with higher price than selling in market.
    They said market price will rise up if supply is reduced. But it's not. So, Rice cannot sold and become rotten.
    A lot of corruptions found in the processes. Many farmers didn't get their money for their rice. Some of them bankrupted and suicided.
    We lose 24,000 millions us dollars on this shit. But Yingluck did not resign. She dissolve the parliament and come back again with their votes.

We don't have other ways to expel wicked politicians except the coup.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  8. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

A dozen US cities have seen new protests over the decision not to charge a white policeman who killed a black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri.
    Demonstrations from New York to Seattle were largely peaceful but rioting broke out in Oakland, California. There was some unrest in Ferguson itself, with police making 44 arrests, but the town did not see destruction on the scale of Monday night. The officer who killed Michael Brown there says he has a "clean conscience".

Ok, I don't know about you guys but I find this absolutely backwards. Yes, they should be outraged that the officer didn't get tried but rioting and making a complete mess of your town is just stupid.

9. crimsonknight4

So the 70th year anniversary of WWII just passed and Japan's PM Abe Shizo made his remark. The most important pint to me was him saying that Japan is sorry for it's actions and they stand by past apologies. However he also said that future generations should not have to apologize...

I think he's both absolutely right and wrong. I believe that in 50 years when the Showa regime are all dead and Japan's government are all born in the Heisei period (i.e. having nothing to do with WWII) then they shouldn't have to apologize. BUT. If you're going to use that as an excuse to ignore the history then that's another story. Japan did commit brazen crimes that should not be forgotten, but that's from the outside looking in. To the Japanese I think it is important to remember how ultranationalism/facism/militarism came to be and how to enable the people to prevent that in the future.

Of course the usual comments from Korea and China: "Not enough"
    You know China has a lot of balls criticizing past Japanese actions when it's currently pulling the same stunts.
    As for Korea they need to come to terms with their own damn history. Yes Japan created a "prostitution" system in Korea during WWII (I use quotes as the women were not paid and therefore I'm loosely defining it as prostitution) but guess what? The Koreans helped them, they did most of the procurement. I'm not apologizing for Japan or blaming anyone but instead of uniting and making sure something like that doesn't happen again they're content to point fingers. Like 5 year olds, honestly. I have plenty more to say but I'll leave it at that.

10. crimsonknight4

I have to ask this in light of all the shootings, stupidity, and pathetic rhetoric going around in this country right now.
    1. To Americans: How do you think the world perceives us? Do you understand why they might think of us in such away? What do you think can be done to change this?

2. (the important one) To non-Americans: How do you perceive America/Americans? Do you think the general populace of your country feels the same way? Is America portrayed as a divided country or as a single ideological unit?

11. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique Dedicated Stereopony Fan

Well, imo, US is addicted to guns and war... and uses several excuses for it (like religion, terrorism, drugs)..
    most ppl say that is for self defence (this happens here too) but some weak minded persons are very influenced by the political and religious propaganda and some massacre occurs...
    like praticing terrorism thinking they are helping the contry to become free of terrorists... and other stuff...

gun shooting is schools/religious houses/hospitals, happens in Brazil too, but not that often... maybe is a more rigid gun control, maybe is less offensive propaganda agains other religous or the culture of not having guns....
    I don't have the answer, just some expeculation..

as for the last question, I still think the US is very divided (or with some conflicts) country (north vs south, republican vs democratics, west coast vs east coast) but there is some stuff shared by all the parts...
    in the polical situation, Brazil is a cluster-fuck...
    we have several parties, and many are in a coalition (to gain strengh and share money from bribes and other corruption acts)
    I can try to explain later...

12. DSteele

DSteele Global Moderator

The U.S is a fucking joke. A cluster fuck of glad handing lobbyists willing to fuck over everyone in the entire country order to keep feeding their overweight fat faces.