1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHISHAMO General Discussion

Discussion in 'SHISHAMO' started by dereko92, Feb 27, 2014.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Danggg... Well, at least it's the bassist and not the guitarist/vocalist like what happened with Stereopony/Draft King.

I think the simple explanation for leaving would be that she didn't want to have a career in music for her whole life. You're only in your 20's once, sooo...

2. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

Understandable just seems a bit young to decide that, she could've done it a few more years and then gone on to do something else, but I hope she finds success in whatever she does!

3. crimsonknight4

crimsonknight4 Global Moderator Translator

PV for the new single is out, new member's first appearance.
    Sad about Matsumoto(old bassist) leaving, but Matsuoka's(new bassist) voice fits Asako's beautifully.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgYgruGKuUA
    Of course the song's amazing

4. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Such a big difference in personality between the 2. -Moto was so chilled out and relaxed whereas -Oka is quite lively. Really nice song!

5. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

ya love the new song!

6. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

7. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

8. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Moved to Other Featured Artists forum.

9. crimsonknight4

Once we officially open up VGD to the foreign powers (history of Japan joke, god bless anyone who got it) we should do a little something to introduce ourselves to SHISHAMO. I was thinking taking pictures of either like their CD [if you have it] or like your hand with SHISHAMO written on it in front of a landmark from your country. For example I could do the Hollywood sign and @dereko92 could do like a kangaroo or something (ill be waiting for your revenge lol)
    Ideas? Suggestions?

10. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Is that referencing Japan's cutoff to the whole world back then?

I quite like that idea of the writing-on-hand thing. Would that be the back hand or the palm, I wouldn't think drawing on a sweaty palm would be nice. But the icon/landmark of your country is a really neat idea, how come you didn't think of this before!?

And don't worry, my ultimate revenge would be tweeting you a picture with SSM and I - if I get the chance.

11. jona DJ

jona DJ Dedicated Stereopony Fan

i know this band.. they're awesome although i don't really listen to them that much..

about matsumoto.. that's a big hit to me. idk why, but i can feel what the fans are feeling about that.
    i hope the fans don't hate the new member, that'd be bad.

12. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Would someone kindly translate "Gatan Goton"? I've been waiting forever to know what they're singing about when they're on the subway.

I'm still trying to figure out the first track off their self-titled...my first thought was that Asako swings the other way...

13. crimsonknight4

Ill translate it right now
    About "Boku ni Kanojo ga Dekita koto": It was actually Yoshikawa who wrote the lyrics, I don't think she swings the other way (but who am I to say that) lol
    A lot of SHISHAMO's songs are sung in various viewpoints including guys, girls, and inanimate objects; so I think this one is just from a guy's viewpoint. The key clue is the word "Boku" which means "I/me" but is usually only used by guys.
    The songs actually kinda have a shared universe. They explain that in their youtube video introducing the "SHISHAMO" album. But you'll have to wait for that one.

EDIT: Okay romaji and English lyrics for "gatan goton" up

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  14. Destonus

Destonus Global Moderator

Thank you! Didn't realize that the song title was nothing but onomatopoeia. But the translated lyrics + video make more sense now.

15. crimsonknight4

http://natalie.mu/music/news/137739

SHISHAMO will release their new album “SHISHAMO 2” (Shishamo Ni) on March 4.

This will be their next album after the release of their debut album “SHISHAMO” which was released approximately 1 year and 4 months ago. A total of 11 songs will be recorded, including their single “Kimi to Natsu Fes” and their post member withdrawal and addition “Ryuosangata Kareshi”. It seems this will be a CD in which their growth through this transition period can be seen.

A video clip of 1 of their album songs, “Boku, Jitsu ha”(The truth is, I) has been revealed on Youtube. According to Fukatsu Masakazu who has made the girls’ PVs up until now, the video shows their performance in a cool monochrome recording. That same song will be aired for the first time on February 4 (Wednesday) at 21:00 on FM802「ROCK KIDS802-OCHIKEN Goes ON!!-」. In addition the last song listed in the album ”Sayonara no Kisetsu” will be aired for the first time on February 6 (Friday) at 23:30on J-WAVE「TOKYO REAL-EYES」.

SHISHAMO will be holding a one man tour called “Sayonara, Boku no Tomodachi to Hana no Kisetsu”(Goodbye my Friend and the Season of Flowers) starting in April. Their tour will begin on April 4 in Shinagawa CLUB CITTA' and end on June 13 at Okinawa・Sakurazaka Central, with 16 performances in all. Tickets will go on sale February 21.

SHISHAMO 2 Track List

01. Boku, Jitsu ha
    02. Kimi to Hanasenai no ha
    03. Kanojo no Nichiyoubi
    04. Tomodachi
    05. Kimi to Natsu Fes
    06. Ryousangata Kareshi
    07. Renai Kyuuka
    08. Chuuya Gyakuten
    09. Deeto Puran
    10. Hana
    11. Sayonara no Kisetsu

*edit*
    They will be apparently also releasing a MV for another song in their new album "Sayonara no Kisetsu" they are currently taking applications for those who would like to appear in the MV (just skimmed the news post so that might be wrong), it seems the MV shooting will take place on the 22nd of February.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  16. Senak

Senak Stereopony Lover

17. crimsonknight4

SHISHAMO has an announced a one man live at Nippon Budokan in January of next year! Going towards the release of their new album they have also added to new explanatory videos to their official Youtube page! They are called "SHISHAMO 2 Introduction" and the other "about SHISHAMO Miraculous Encounter Volume"

18. Exaita

Exaita Chat Master Global Moderator

now i just need to find the money to buy more of their singles and album...after completing miwa single collection first...

19. crimsonknight4

Original Article

SHISHAMO’s mellow, adult-like “Sweltering Night” will arrive during summer festival season

June 15, 2015 12:00
    [​IMG]

It has been decided that SHISHAMO will release a new single “Sweltering Night” (Nettaiya) on August 5th. In addition, they will be holding a one man live tour in the fall “The Sweltering Nights Continue but, Girls have to Laugh Today Too”.

[​IMG]

The leading song on this single, reaching everyone during this summer festival season is a mellow love song. Singing about the feelings of love towards someone on a summer night from both the viewpoints of a man and woman, it was made with an adult, urban feeling. The coupling included is a pop tune overflowing with a band-like feeling, “Living Girl” (Ikiru Gaaru). Once again the single’s jacket illustration was designed by Mizazaki Asako (Vo, G).

[​IMG]
    SHISHAMO One man Tour 2015 Fall “The Sweltering Nights Continue but, Girls have to Laugh Today Too” Illustration

They will also be taking this new song on their one man tour, beginning on October 15th at Chiba, CHIBA LOOK and ending on November 29th at Aichi, Zepp Nagoya; including all 5 Zepp locations throughout the country, 15 performances are planned. SHISHAMO are in preparation for their first Nippon Budokan Live on January 4th, this tour seems to be a preliminary for that.

Recorded Songs on SHISHAMO's "Sweltering Night"
    1. Sweltering Night
    2. Living Girl

20. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Why do they always tour just before December!?