1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Username Origins

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by rsniteblaze, Jan 15, 2013.

1. rsniteblaze

rsniteblaze Administrator

Why is your username what it is? How did you come up with the idea? A few short sentences is good enough.

Let's start with mine, rsniteblaze

RS = my initials

"niteblaze" somehow derives from "DarkFire" which is the name of my first Animal Crossing town. The first forum I joined was this Animal Crossing forum, so yeah... That's pretty much it...

nijibashi likes this.
  2. Shiba1nu

Shiba1nu Stereopony Fan

Hello. I came up with mine cuz i like dogs e.g. Japanese Shiba Inu. Yeah puppies! Its my twitter name too, except i added an A for my last name initial. Heh.

3. Arcluna

Arcluna Administrator

Arcluna = L`Arc~en~ciel + Luna Sea

Call me Arc for short.

4. Krios

Krios Stereopony Fan

Mass Effect 2

5. Drahc

Drahc Stereopony Lover

My nickname in my family is Chard, which is their shortened version of Richard. Basically I just wrote Chard backwards and got Drahc haha

6. Jerec

Jerec Dreamer

I stole my name from someone who named themselves after Jerec from the Star Wars game.

7. Zer0zUNLTD.

Zer0zUNLTD. Dreamer

Zero is a name shared by many... like Wing Zero, Zero from Rock Man X, Zero from Code Geass, Zero from the Metal Gear series, etc. I've always thought Zero was a cool name. I came up with the name Zer0zUNLTD. in middle school because I used to wear XL shirts from EckoUNLTD (LOL back when baggy clothing was popular).

8. Elteapee

Elteapee Stereopony Fan

At first i was known as deathtrap, picked that name cause its my fav bike name, then it was lovetoplayhitohiranohanabira, dun have to explain y cause the name is kinda straight forward, then it was too long so i changed it to LTP... Then LTP got too mainstream and changed to Elteapee.. Oh yea!

9. Cake's a lie

Cake's a lie Stereopony Fan

Well… I have an american friend who lives in England. We were skypeing and all of a sudden he decided to yell "THE CAKE IS A LIE" in the mic and so that became my username. On other forums/sites I'm known as Akira or Cake and in real life I'm also known as Akira, Cake or Yahiro (based on the swedish visual kei artist YOHIO). Call me whatever feels comfortable, I respond to all three of them.

10. XwingsofaresX

XwingsofaresX Global Moderator

XwingsofaresX...still to this day, I have no clue why I chose the name. Maybe it's because I love that wing(s) is translated to tsubasa in Japanese, so there's that bit. Ares is kind of a mistake because I originally thought that my astrological symbol was Ares, only to find out that I'm a Taurus...LOL So, that stuck accidentally. Since then, I've been Wings for short.

11. durk87

durk87 Dreamer

durk is just the name that i get from my bestfriend, that he get from his uncle to use at internet. 87 is clearly my birth year.
    maybe i shouldn't say this cause me and friend will try this username at any site, in case one of us has registered for it, not that we are planning it, it just happens, and he is into YUI more than Stereopony.

12. lateralus

lateralus Stereopony Fan

13. jibba

jibba Translator

Jibba is my real life nickname, I use it because it's usually not taken (and if it is Jiibba usually isn't :p)

14. jona DJ

jona DJ Dedicated Stereopony Fan

jona is a nickname my best and first friend give. DJ is from my fam name. there it is, as simple as that. you can call me jojo nor kai too. kai is from my friend that loves the gazette btw. (you know, Kai the drummer. 'cuz i play drums)

well, my nick is not really much 'cuz i prefer a nick that is "me", not like stepolover or whatever. and i love simple things that looks complicated. (the "DJ" part. many people thought it's from my favorite band, or my favorite game, or something like that. but it's as simple as THAT.)

15. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Stereopony Fan

KAPIJXM

Kapi is from capitan (captain)

J is from Juan (first name), X is from Xoan (my first name in galician) and M from Manuel (my second name)

16. yukawa_manabu

yukawa_manabu Stereopony Fan

yukawa manabu is a fictional character in a j-drama called "galileo". since i study physics and he's a professor of physics department, i decided to chose that name.

17. Beucause of my favorite wrestler, CM Punk, that's called Straight Edge Savior or Best In The World by the fans

18. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique Dedicated Stereopony Fan

let me use some Phoenix Down :m009:

and now back to the topic
    LuizHMS - > Name and initials from mid/last names.. (in some places I go for LuizHMS22 (the 22 is day of birth))

in some games I used and use other names, in general it is a music or band or something related to a anime series...
    in general the most used are:
    TsukiAkari -> Stereopony music :cool:
    Ryougi -> Family name of Shiki:m003: (from Kara no Kyoukai:m003:)

19. [Ba]Mesutto

[Ba]Mesutto Stereopony Fan

it's my real name. but japanese people pronounce it as "mesutto". it's "mesut" in turkish. and [ba] means i'm bass player.

20. dereko92

dereko92 Administrator

Mesut! Didn't you call yourself Leo or something before?